Nigeria Health Watch is now accepting nominations for its 2021-2022 #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards. The deadline for the submission of nominations is January 2, 2021.
The #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Award aims to recognize and celebrate journalists who have had an impact by producing evidence-based and accurate reporting of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria.
The #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards will honor journalists who have produced coverage in print/digital, audio and video formats that report on all dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria.
Winning entries will feature great storytelling that — among other strengths — informs on the current state of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria, particularly funding, empowers audiences to demand for more funding for epidemic preparedness, and holds power to account. The judges will recognise work that communicates the many dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria; that highlights and scrutinizes budgeting and funding for epidemic preparedness in Nigeria; that improve community awareness on infectious diseases and defines the roles of citizens in demanding increased funding for epidemic preparedness.
#PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards Categories
The award will be in 3 categories:
- Print/Digital news
#PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards Eligibility
- Journalistic work published or broadcast from January to November 2021 is eligible.
- Journalists across Nigeria are invited to submit entries.
- Published submissions from freelancers are also welcome.
- Print and broadcast journalists are eligible for nomination if they have written an article or produced a radio or television program that meets the following criteria:
- Length of submission
- Written English articles of minimum 650 words in length published in print or digital news platform
- Radio/TV show that is 15 minutes or longer
- Print and Digital: Must have written and published 2 or more articles on the topics below.
- Radio and TV: Must have produced 2 or more shows on the topics below
- Length of submission
- The nominated article, program or production should capture the following and must have been published or aired between the period of January 1, 2021, to November 30, 2021:
- Communicate the many dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria
- Inform on the current state of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria, with special focus on funding
- Highlight and scrutinise budgeting and funding for epidemic preparedness in Nigeria
- Improve community awareness on infectious diseases, empower citizens to demand for more funding for epidemic preparedness and hold power to account.
How to Nominate for #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards
Each valid nomination must contain the name of the nominee, verifiable details of the published article(s) or program(s), their media affiliation(s) and the contact information (email address and phone number) of the nominee.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.