Private Varsities Games Begins:
The Nigeria Private University Games Association (NPUGA) started the fifth edition of the games yesterday, 14th December at the Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU), Ikeji Arakeji, in Osun State. The games is expected to end on December 22, 2013.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
Universities numbering over 20 from all parts of the country are coming for the games with about two thousand athletes. 10 events that with competed in include tennis, basketball, table -tennis, football, volleyball, chess, scrabble, athletics, swimming, badminton and handball.
Some of the universities that are regular for the games since its debut edition in 2005 at Igbinedion University, Okada are Benson Idahosa University, Benin City; Lead City University, Ibadan; Bowen University, Iwo; Babcock University, Ilishan Remo and Bells University of Technology, Otta. Others are Achievers University, Owo; JABU; Crescent University, Abeokuta; Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Western Delta University, Oghara; Wesley University, Ondo among others.
The acting President of the Association, Akintunde Akinola said that this edition will be of great success as he has confidence in the host’s ability to do well deserving sporting games.
It would be recalled that since the NPUGA games started at Igbinedion University in 2005, it was Benin-based Benson Idahosa University that has won all the four editions of the games.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!