Adeleke Varsity Wants FG to Include Private Varsities in N200bn Fund:
The authorities of the Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State have called for the inclusion of private universities among those to benefit from the N200bn intervention fund released by the Federal Government.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Registration Procedure for 2021/2022 Academic Session
The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Gideon Amusan, said this at a briefing on Monday as part of activities marking the institution’s third Founder’s Day.
Amusan said it would be better if private varsities were included in the FG’s largesse to enable them to develop their infrastructure.
Amusan said, “Both private and public universities are working towards the same goal and it will be better if private universities are also included to benefit from the Federal Government’s intervention fund.
“We are not asking the government to give us equal treatment as it did with the public universities but certainly it is not out of place if private institutions are given some token as lifeline.
“Private universities in the country pay higher taxes into the Federal Government’s purse than any of the public university.
“If any benefit is coming to the universities it should not be discriminatory.” (PUNCH)