PTDF 2014/2015 MSc. and PhD Scholarship Application:
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a Parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purposes of development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower needs through research and training of Nigerians.
The Fund’s Scholarship Application website will be open between 2nd October, 2013 and 23rd October, 2013 for 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 applicants.
The website is open to all applicants for the 2013/2014 academic session that experienced difficulties uploading relevant documents to their online application to attach and submit their documents. However, those who successfully applied and uploaded their documents need not apply again.
The Fund is also inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for MSc and PhD Scholarships. A combined aptitude test will be conducted for both 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 MSc applicants as well as oral interview for PhD applicants. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates that meet the selection requirements for both 2013/2014 and 2014/15 in September 2014.
Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online are clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for an Electronic Aptitude Test, in the case of Masters Degree candidates, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD (full time) on dates to be announced later.
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
2. National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
3. Applicants must be computer literate
4. Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language in WAEC/SSCE (C6) or NECO (C4);
5. Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
i. Test of English language as a foreign language (TOEFL)
ii. G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination)
iii. GMAT –for Management related courses
iv. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
1. Applicants must be in Nigerian Institutions, teaching oil and gas related disciplines;
2. Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
3. Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
4. Applicants must include a valid admission letter;
5. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
6. Applicants must include their Masters Degree project
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses.
1. Asset Management (Engineering Asset Management)
2. Basin Evolution and Dynamics
3. Diving and Underwater Technology
4. Energy Systems Engineering
5. Environmental Engineering
6. Environmental Remote Sensing
7. Fire & Explosion Engineering
8. Health Safety and Environment
9. Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics
10. Maritime Operations
11. Occupational Health and Safety
12. Offshore and Ocean Technology
13. Offshore Engineering
14. Pipeline Engineering and Security
15. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
16. Refinery Design and Operations
17. Subsea Engineering
18. Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
19. Welding Engineering
20. Design of Rotating Machines
21. Control Systems
22. Hydraulic Engineering
23. Fluid Mechanics and Energetic
B. PhD PRIORITY RESEARCH AREA
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
1. Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
2. Marginal Fields Development.
3. Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
4. Geology and Petroleum Geology.
5. Civil and Marine Engineering.
6. Renewable Energy.
7. Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
8. Refining Technology.
9. Ship Building & Marine Technology
(i) Candidates whose disciplines are not related to the above need not apply.
(ii) Selection will be based strictly on performance in the aptitude test and Oral Interview.