PAMO University of Medical Sciences is a Private University licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University is committed to quality and excellence in Medical Education, Research and Health Services. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for Admission into Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic Session
PAMO University of Medical Sciences Courses
FACULTY OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES (Five (5) years programme)
- B.MLS – Medical Laboratory Science
- B.NSc – Nursing Science
- B.Sc – Physiotherapy
- B.Sc – Radiography
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES (Four (4) years programme)
- B.Sc – Anatomy
- B.Sc – Biochemistry
- B.Sc – Pharmacology
- B.Sc – Physiology
- B.Sc – Human Nutrition & Dietetics
FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES (Six (6) years programme)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery – MBBS
PUMS Post UTME / DE Screening Eligibility
- Candidates are required to have sat for the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and choose PUMS as their first choice.
- Candidates must possess five (5) credits passes at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Mathematics) at not more than two (2) sittings and must have scored 170 or above in the 2022 UTME subjects.
- For MBBS, Candidates must have the relevant subjects and score 200 and above in UTME.
- Candidates must upload their O’level results on a JAMB CAPS
- Candidates who sat for the 2022 UTME in JAMB and chose PUMS.
- Candidates who wish to study in PUMS but did not make PUMS their first choice. Candidates under this category are required to apply for CHANGE OF INSTITUTION to PUMS as first choice through JAMB Portal to qualify to participate in the Screening Exercise.
- Candidates awaiting SSCE result or its equivalent are also eligible to apply for admission provided the result(s) will be uploaded on PUMS Portal at least two days before the date of the Screening Exercise.
- Candidates, in addition to having five (5) O’ Level credits, MUST possess at least two (2) A’ Level passes or its equivalent in relevant subjects or possess a good first degree in a related field not below Second Class Lower. For MBBS, candidates must possess three (3) A’ Level passes in relevant subjects.
INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER ADMISSION
- Candidates should first obtain a Transfer Form from PUMS, endorsed by the current university of the candidate before resubmission to PUMS for consideration. The Form should be accompanied with copies of relevant documents and sessional transcripts from current university. All processing must be completed on JAMB Portal.
In addition to your application, you are advised to adhere strictly to JAMB approved provisions for admissions into Nigerian universities
How to Apply for PUMS Post UTME Form
- Log on to the University Website, http://www.pums.edu.ng/
- Click on Apply Now on the top centre of the page.
- Enter your JAMB number and click on the “Check Eligibility” You will be redirected to the application form if your JAMB number was successfully verified
Application Form: While on this page, provide all required information and be sure they are correct before proceeding. Once submitted, you will be logged onto the PUMS Portal automatically, completing the application by uploading supporting documents.
Supporting Documents: In the course of your application, a few documents will be needed to verify the authenticity of provided information. See list below. Scan the original copy of each and upload to the portal.
- JAMB Result
- O’Level Result (WAEC and/or NECO)
- Birth Certificate/Age Affidavit
- Local Government of Origin
- Letter of attestation
Method of Payment
- Click on Make Payment
- Copy the Bank Account no. and make a transfer or direct bank deposit of N2,000
- Upload evidence of payment.
- Upon successful payment and upload of the evidence, you will then make final submission of your application and print the clearance form.
PUMS Post UTME Screening Schedule & Requirements
PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria; hereby invites you to 2022/2023 phase 1 Post-UTME Screening Admission Exercise scheduled as follows:
Date: Monday, August 22, 2022
Time: 10.00 am prompt
Venue: PAMO University of Medical Sciences Auditorium.
In addition, please note as follows:
- You are expected to be seated on your designated Seat by 9:30 am.
- The Post-UTME Screening Exercise comprises both written and oral examination; therefore, all candidates are expected to come along with their writing materials (black or blue pen, HB pencil and eraser).
- All candidates and accompanying parents/guardians MUST put on their nose mask at all times while on campus please.
- Accompanying parents/guardians should be seated at the designated points.
- Candidates must bring originals of all their documents and one set of photocopies. The documents expected are:
- – Clearance Form (printed from the PAMO University Portal)
- – UTME Result slip
- – O’Level Result (WAEC|NECO), if available
- – A’Level Result (for Direct Entry only)
- – First Degree certificate (for Direct Entry only)
- – Referral or Attestation Letter
- – Evidence of Local Government Area of Origin
- – Birth Certificate or Sworn Affidavit of Age Declaration
- – Two recent personal passport-sized photographs
- A set of photocopy of these documents must be neatly arranged in a White Office Flat File in the order in which they are listed above.
- Candidates are to check their e-mails and/or SMS for their invitation.
- Please, be informed that the application process is done ONLY through the PAMO University portal, http://pums.edu.ng.
N/B: Applicants are to check their email address or SMS for their specific examination date.
Disclaimer: Please, be informed also that the Management of PAMO University of Medical Sciences dissociates the University from any unauthorized payments or gratification to individuals or group of persons and advises prospective candidates against such, involving the admission exercise. The approved payment to the University is the sum of two thousand naira (N2,000.00) only as approved by Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), and no other.
Candidates are to make adequate preparations for the mandatory SCREENING EXERCISE.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.