REACH is now accepting proposals for its 2018 African postdoctoral fellowship in groundwater management. The deadline for submission of proposal for the REACH African Postdoctoral Fellowship in Groundwater Management is 20th July, 2018.
The REACH Programme is a 7-year, £15m programme funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID). This project, led by the University of Oxford, involves a research consortium of global leaders in water science, policy and practice. It aims to improve water security for 5 million poor people in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia by 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an ambitious research programme and global science-practitioner partnership working to deliver significant benefits for people living in poverty.
REACH is launching a call for proposals for an African postdoctoral fellowship in groundwater. Up to £60,000 of funding will be available until December 2019 for a researcher to contribute to the promotion of equitable water resource management in the Awash basin. A lack of understanding of groundwater availability and sustainability, including groundwater-surface water interactions, currently limits decision making in this area. The Fellow will contribute to addressing this challenge by designing and undertaking independent research to develop a decision support tool that integrates surface and groundwater resources that is useable by MOWIE and AwBA.
This research will help both the sector and policy makers to take appropriate regulatory and precautionary measures to manage the water resource against a backdrop of economic growth and transformation.
The fellowship is intended for early to mid-career academics and researchers who are nationals of a Sub-Sahara African country, and hold a PhD at the time of application. Applicants must be hosted by a University or Research Organisation, and may approach REACH researchers about hosting their Fellowship.
REACH African Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility
- The fellowship is intended for early to mid-career academics and researchers
- Applicants must be nationals of a Sub-Sahara African country and should hold a PhD at the time of application.
- Applications from PhD candidates will not be considered. ‘Early to mid-career’ is defined as within 10 years of completion of a PhD at the time of application.
- Applicants must be hosted by a University or Research Organisation, and may approach REACH researchers about hosting their Fellowship.
REACH African Postdoctoral Fellowship Evaluation criteria
- Impact and dissemination
- Project management and research credentials
- Cost effectiveness
REACH African Postdoctoral Fellowship Funding
- Funding available for this project is subject to a maximum £60,000 for the entire period. Funding requests cannot exceed this amount.
- All budgets must be inclusive of any institutional overheads that are to be applied. However, overheads must not exceed 20% of direct costs. All budgets must be reviewed and approved by the host institution before being submitted as part of the proposal. Per diems will not be permitted under the REACH funding agreement but travel costs will be covered such as accommodation, food and others as per REACH guideline.
How to Apply for REACH African Postdoctoral Fellowship.
The following documents will be required as part of your proposal:
- Description of proposed research (up to 4 A4 pages)
- Career development plan (up to 1 A4 page)
- Research into action (up to 1 A4 page)
- Budget / Justification of resources requested
- CVs (maximum two pages) for the Fellow and host institution supervisor
- Letter of support from host institution/s expressing its intention to collaborate and endorsement of the proposed Fellowship, and the value of the proposed Fellowship. This should also include a declaration from host institution (see declaration at the end of this guidance note) with the letter of support.
- Letter of support from your nominated supervisor outlining their relationship to you, the role they have had in developing the proposal and their agreement to supervising you
Proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 UCT, 20 July 2018.
Official Link (https://reachwater.org.uk/funding/postdoctoral-african-fellowship-in-groundwater-management/)
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.