The Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi State was established in 2011 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives to be a relevant centre of learning and research. It is poised to be a hub for the economic transformation and development of its environment through creative and innovative endeavours. It is committed to the production of high level manpower for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-to administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible. The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation. The candidates for the position must not be more than sixty (60) years of age at the time of appointment. The appointment is for a period of five (5) years subject to one (1) year extension.
Qualification and Experience
- Possess a good honours degree from a recognized University;
- Have had at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in University Administration;
- Be a Deputy Registrar;
- Be a member of a recognized administrative (professional) body;
- Be computer literate;
- Be physically and mentally fit;
- Be a person of high integrity and good leadership qualities.
Possession of a higher degree will be an advantage.
Conditions of Service
This is as applicable in the Federal Public Service, Federal Universities of Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
Mode of Application
Applicants are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others, the following:
- Name in full (surname, in capital letters)
- Place and Date of birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address: Postal Address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Working Experience, including full details of former and present post(s), indicating present status and salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) Referees, candidates should request each of their nominated Referees to send a confidential Report on them to the address below, to which applications should also be sent:
The Vice Chancellor
Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, Nigeria
The envelope which contains the application should be written “Registrar” on the top right corner. Closing date is six (6) weeks from the date of this advert.