Rosatom Africa is now accepting entries from students and young professionals from Sub-Saharan African countries for its 2019 “Atoms for Africa” Online Video Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the Rosatom “Atoms for Africa” Online Video Competition is 30th September, 2019.
Applications are open for the Rosatom “Atoms for Africa” Online Video Competition 2019. The 5th annual online video competition “Atoms for Africa” is dedicated to finding solutions for sustainable economic and social development in Africa through the use of innovative nuclear technologies.
Students and young professionals from Sub-Saharan African countries are invited to participate and stand a chance to win an all-expenses paid fact-finding trip to Russia. This year participants are required to research how nuclear technologies can assist in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) in Africa. Young people are encouraged to film a short video about their findings and promote it on Facebook.
Rosatom “Atoms for Africa” Online Video Competition Eligibility.
- Each team can consist of up to 3 people;
- They accept entries from young people (ages of 18 to 30);
- Participants must be permanent residents of the countries from Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Rosatom “Atoms for Africa” Online Video Competition Prizes.
- 1st and 2nd place winners will go on an all-expenses paid trip to Russia in November 2019
- 3rd place winners will receive valuable prizes
- Seven other shortlisted videos will be rewarded with commemorative certificates and gifts
- No cash compensations
How to Submit Entries for the Rosatom “Atoms for Africa” Online Video Competition.
All participating teams will need to notify Rosatom and fill in an online application form.
- Video topic: “How nuclear technologies can assist in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) in Africa?”
- Maximum length is 3 minutes
- Videos must be in English
- Video can be made in any quality you seem that fits your vision (professional & smart phone)
- All video content must be original, produced by the young people who are making the competition submission.
- Use of any video content produced by or obtained from the professional organizations, university or other third parties is permitted in no more than 50% of the original video
- Video must be published on Facebook with no restrictions on its visibility for any Facebook visitors
- The post must tag @Rosatominafrica Facebook page and contain hashtags: #Atoms4Africa, #AtomsForAfrica, #RosatomCompetition
- The video must be posted no later than September 30, 2019
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.