Omituntun Initiative in Diaspora (OID) is now accepting submissions from residents/indigenes of Oyo State who are studying at any recognised university in Nigeria for its 2022 Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition. The deadline for the submission of entries is November 20, 2022.
A professional organisation, Omituntun Initiative in the Diaspora (OID), has launched its Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition 2022 in its aim to empower and engage youths in public debate, specifically on the administration of the Seyi Makinde-led government.
Seyi Makinde Essay Competition Topics
Entrants can only write one of the following essays:
Strengthening transparency, inclusiveness and accountability for a peaceful and sustainable development in Oyo State.
Advancing the frontiers of possibilities for a safe, secured and prosperous Oyo State through Citizen’s active participation in governance processes.
Re-engineering the Oyo State energy system through the newly proposed development and implementation of Oyo State master gas plan: Expectations, Possibilities and Benefits.
Seyi Makinde Essay Competition Prizes
The winning piece will receive N200,000, while the second and third places will receive N150,000 and N100,000, respectively. The top 20 participants will be sponsored for digital skills vocational training, and the top participants will be recognised at an OID event.
Seyi Makinde Essay Competition Eligibility & Requirements
- Entrants can only write on one of the topics.
- Open to Oyo State residents/indigenes who are students of any recognised institution in Nigeria and must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- The essay must be written in English using Microsoft word format.
- Entries must be between 800 and 1000 words (bibliography and references are excluded from the word count).
- Entries must be prepared in font size 12, Times New Roman with double spacing and pages in number.
- Plagiarism of any kind will result in automatic disqualification.
- Participants must provide proof of student identification and residency.
- Names and contact details should be stated in the submitted entries.
- Entrants must be creative and draw practical examples from the concluded or ongoing infrastructural projects in Oyo State.
- Points will be awarded to in-depth analysis and understanding of the topic, creativity, originality, depth of research and real-life application.
How to Enter Seyi Makinde Essay Competition
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should submit their entries by email to email@example.com.
No submission is allowed after the deadline date as stated above.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 11:59pm, 20th November, 2022.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.