The Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS is now accepting entries from Nigerians for its 2021 Sexual And Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition. The deadline for the submission of entries is January 29, 2021.
A short video competition on sexual and gender-based violence as a means of eliminating its prevalence in society is being organised by the Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS.
Entrants are asked to express what they understand by sexual and gender-based violence and ways to eliminate it in society. Unleash your creativity in a three-minute video to illustrate the positive changes you would like to see. Express it with moving pictures using a true-life story or fiction.
The objective of the competition is to stimulate the awareness of Nigerians on issues of gender-based violence, ensuring that the voices of young people are heard and taken into consideration when shaping and implementing programmes and policies in Nigeria.
Sexual And Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition Eligibility
- The competition is open to all Nigerians.
- You do not need to be a professional filmmaker to be a part of the competition.
- Videos must be three (3) minutes or under to be accepted in the competition.
- The videos must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
- All videos submitted must be .MP4 files with the preferred 1920×1080 resolution.
If you plan to use your mobile phone to shoot the video, please follow the guidelines below:
- Put your phone on air mode to avoid interruptions during recording.
- To get steady shots, use a mobile tripod, selfie stick, or hold your phone steadily.
- Ensure that you get good audio. Be careful not to block the microphone on your phone with your palm when holding the phone during recording.
- Make sure you have good light.
Sexual And Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition Prizes
There will be ten winners for the overall best videos.
- 1st Prize: Video editing desktop
- 2nd Prize: Video editing laptop
- 3rd Prize: DSLR camera
- The 7 best runners-up will receive a grant of N500,000 each.
- 10 best videos will be shown at all gender-based events, with credits to the video owners.
How to Submit Entries for the Sexual And Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition
Entries can be submitted through any of the following:
- Google drive
- Upload on your Instagram and tag @EUinNigeria (you can upload in batches – if your Instagram is on private, they will not be able to view your entry)
- WhatsApp via 0901 065 5926. To ensure your video quality does not drop, send as the document on WhatsApp.
Submit Entry Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.