Smithsonian Institution (SI) is now accepting applications from eligible researchers for its 2020/2021 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biodiversity Genomics. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Smithsonian Biodiversity Genomics Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is 1st November, 2020.
The Fellowship in Biodiversity Genomics promotes collaborative research in fields involving comparative genomic approaches such as phylogenomics, population genomics, metagenomics or transcriptomics, and have a component that involves significant bioinformatics analysis.
The Smithsonian’s molecular research facilities are located at National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute/National Zoological Park (SCBI/NZP), Smithsonian Environmental Research Center (SERC), and the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (STRI) in the Republic of Panama. Collaboration among SI facilities is encouraged.
Smithsonian Biodiversity Genomics Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Eligibility.
- Applicants must propose to conduct research in-residence for a period of 12 to 24 months.
- Applicants must have completed or be near completion of the Ph.D. Recipients who have not completed the Ph.D. at the time of application must provide proof of completion of the degree before the fellowship begins.
- Applicants interested in conducting research at these facilities are strongly encouraged to contact potential advisors/hosts at any of the Smithsonian’s various Museums and Research Institutes prior to proposal preparation and submission.
Smithsonian Biodiversity Genomics Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Benefits.
- The stipend for Postdoctoral and Senior Fellows is $50,400 per year (twelve months). Stipends are prorated for periods of less than twelve months.
- In addition to the stipend, allowances to assist with the fellow’s research related expenses and for temporary relocation to the Smithsonian are possible.
- A maximum research allowance of $4,000 is available.
How to Apply for Smithsonian Institution (SI) Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biodiversity Genomics.
All applications must be submitted by November 1, 2020 through SOLAA. Notification of decisions will be made the first week in March.
Apply Here Official Link
If you have any questions please contact the Office of Fellowships and Internships at 202-633-7070 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.