LEAP Africa is now accepting applications from young West African changemakers for its 2020/2021 Social Innovators Programme (SIP). The deadline for the submission of applications for the LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme is 6th September, 2020.
LEAP Africa in partnership with Union Bank has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP), a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African changemakers between 18-35 years.
Over the years, through the SIP, LEAP Africa have collaborated with its corporate partners, renowned faculty of experts and mentors to strengthen and advance youth-led social entrepreneurship in Nigeria with the aim of enhancing the scale of their impact and sustainability of their ventures.
The SIP takes a holistic approach in raising and enabling Africa-wide talent for the actualization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by supporting youth with innovative approaches to social problems to build capacity, develop long-term connections and establish credible enterprises.
After 7 years of successful implementation in Nigeria, the fellowship is opening up to social innovators from Anglo West African countries in this upcoming cohort.
LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme Eligibility.
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria,The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their venture/enterprise between 14 months and three (3) years, prior to the commencement of the fellowship
LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme Selection Criteria.
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
How to Apply for LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme
All applicants must fill the application form and submit via the link provided below on or before 12pm. Application Deadline: 6th September, 2020.
Apply Here Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.