Alhaji Abdulkadir Jelani, the Chairman, Sokoto State Scholarship Board, said, the Sokoto State Government plans to sponsor another 260 indigenes of the state for various studies abroad in 2014.
Jelani made the disclosure on Friday in Sokoto when the chairman and officials of the board appeared before the state’s House of Assembly Committee on Youth and Sports.
He said: “we have been in touch with many countries such as India, Bangladesh, Malaysia and the United Arab Emirate, among others.
“We have already received the admission letters of 76 students in Bangladesh, 59 students in India, 72 students in UAE and 32 students in Egypt.
“The government had earlier sponsored more than 230 students to study in 19 countries in the world and 15,000 others in various institutions of higher learning within the country.’’
The board chairman added that the gesture was aimed at preparing the beneficiaries for future leadership roles.
The Chairman of the House committee, Alhaji Aminu Muhammad (PDP-Wurno), commended the board for the numerous achievements it had recorded this year.
- House Rejects Motion to Cover WAEC/NECO/JAMB Fees
- NOUN Extends Courses and Examinations Registration Deadline
- College of Nursing Sciences ATBUTH Basic Midwifery Admission Form
- Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare (ASCOEA) Pre-NCE Admission Form
- College of Nursing Sciences Gombe Basic Midwifery Admission List
He said “the committee will give the board the necessary support to ensure the successful execution of its projects in 2014.’’