Teaching at the Right Level Africa (TaRL Africa) is now accepting applications from eligible candidates for its 2020 Postdoctoral Fellow Programme. The deadline for submission of applications for the TaRL Africa Postdoctoral Fellow Programme is 22nd March, 2020.
Teaching at the Right Level Africa (TaRL Africa) seeks a postdoctoral research fellow to join the TaRL Africa Central team.
Learning has always been at the core of the TaRL approach. As the approach moves to scale in Africa, continued adaptation to the local contexts and testing marginal innovations for efficiency and cost-effectiveness will be critical to TaRL’s long-term success. This new position will report to the Learning Director and work closely with TaRL Africa central team and country team staff.
The postdoctoral fellow will work to start new studies on the TaRL approach, focusing on those which can inform the program’s ability to cost-effectively reach the most children. The fellow can choose to be based at MIT or at the Paris School of Economics (PSE). The fellow will be supervised by Abhijit Banerjee (who will be based at PSE next year) and Tavneet Suri (based at MIT). The fellow will work closely with the TaRL Africa Learning Director, TaRL Africa Research Manager, and TaRL Africa central team and country team staff.
The fellow will join this team at an exciting time. The base of the approach, the scale, and the research agenda has been built. S/he can leverage this base to flexibly start many studies which will inform how TaRL continues to scale across the continent.
TaRL Africa Postdoctoral Fellow Programme Eligibility.
- Applicant should have a PhD in economics, public policy, or a related field;
- Demonstrated interest in education policy;
- Strong STATA or R programming skills;
- Demonstrated experience in starting new, policy-relevant research projects;
- At least one working paper, with published journal articles an added advantage;
- Excellent communication skills in English including writing, conversing and presenting.
- Experience researching primary education interventions in Africa
- Experience working in Africa, preferably in one of the countries scaling TaRL
- French language ability
- African nationality
Responsibilities of TaRL Africa Postdoctoral Fellows.
- 50% time devoted to TaRL Africa:
- Craft and implement new studies related to TaRL Africa, following the priorities delineated in the TaRL Africa learning agenda. In particular, the team is interested in new studies focused on teacher mentoring and support.
- Work with the TaRL Africa Learning Director, Research Manager and Research Associates to support qualitative and monitoring studies in each of the direct support countries
- Participate in discussions about the TaRL Africa research lessons and learning goals for the future, including participating in TaRL meetings, webinars and conferences as appropriate
- Approximately 50% time devoted to postdoc’s individual research, preferably focused on a related field
How to Apply for TaRL Africa Postdoctoral Fellow Programme.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A letter of motivation clearly addressing your qualifications
- A CV including details of any conference presentations, working papers and/or publications
- The names and contact details of 2 academic references
Apply Here Official link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.