TASUED Job Vacancy for Registrar …
Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) is recruiting for Registrar. The ideal candidate should possess a good honours degree (not below Second Class Honours) and a Masters Degree from a recognized University.
See also: TASUED Recruitment for University Librarian.
Job Title: Registrar.
Job Location: Ogun State.
THE POSITION OF REGISTRAR: The Registrar is a Principal Officer responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative activities of the University. The Registrar carries a huge responsibility in providing leadership for team-work and joint efforts in achievement of the goals of the University. He/She shall be the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Law.
A candidate for the post of Registrar shall be a successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- be a person of proven integrity and strong moral character.
- be computer literate.
- be not more than sixty (60) years old as at the date of possible assumption of duty;
- have considerable administrative experience and qualities of a good manager of human and material resources to provide a world class administrative support;
- be capable of giving dynamic Administrative leadership while building strong and positive relationships with staff, students, other members of the University community and the State government;
- be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest;
- be a team player with ability to delegate and instil confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people,
- be a person with a clear vision for the development of the University Registry in the context of the University’s philosophy of a “Developmental University;
- enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- A good honours degree (not below Second Class Honours) and a Masters Degree from a recognized University.
- Possession of a higher degree and membership of a recognized relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE: The candidate must be a Deputy Registrar in a University and must have at least ten (10) years post qualification cognate experience. Applicant must have been a Deputy Registrar in a University for a minimum of five (5) years
Apply Before: Tuesday, 5th June, 2018.
How to Apply:
- Each application should be made in 30 copies and be accompanied by 30 copies of the candidate’s curriculum vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain: the candidate’s name in full, address, age. marital status: institutions attended and academic qualifications (with dates): nationality: membership of academic and professional bodies (with dates) and details of administrative e and managerial experience in the University system.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to the Vice- Chancellor, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked: As applicable. Referee’s Report for the Post of Registrar should be written at the top left hand corner of the envelope
- Each application must be accompanied by 30 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision (not more than 1.000 words) for the Registrar or University Librarian in the next five(5) years
- All applications must be submitted in scaled envelopes, marked “Registrar Position” at the lop left hand comer and forwarded to teach the Vice-Chancellor not later than Tuesday, 5th June, 2018.