TASUED Postgraduate Admission form for 2016/2017 Academic Session is Out.
Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijagun, Ogun State invites suitably qualified candidates to the following full-time and part time Postgraduate Programmes for the 2016/2017 Academic Session.
TASUED Postgraduate – Available Programmes.
I. COLLEGE OF APPLIED EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (COAEVOT)
(a) Department of Educational Management
– M.Ed. Educational Management
(b) Department of Counseling Psychology
¬- M.Ed. Counseling Psychology
(c) Department of Vocational and Technical Education
– M.Ed. Business Education
(d) Department of Educational Foundations and Industrial Technology
– M.Ed. Educational and Media Technology
– M.Ed. Childhood Education
– M.Ed. Educational Evaluation
– Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
2. COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES (COHUM)
(a) Department of Languages
– M.Ed. English Language
– M.Ed. Literature in English
– M.Ed. Yoruba Language
(b) Department of History & Diplomatic Studies
– M.Ed. History & Diplomatic Studies
3. COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (COSIT)
(a) Department of Agricultural Production and Management Sciences
– M. Ed Agricultural Science Education
(b) Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education
– M.Ed. Human Kinetics
– M.Ed. Health Education
(c) Department of Biological Sciences
– M.Ed. Integrated Science
(d) Department of Mathematics
– M.Ed. Mathematics
(e) Department of Physics
– M.Ed. Physics
(f) Department of Computer Sciences
– M.Ed. Computer Science
– Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
TASUED Postgraduate Admission – General Admission Requirements.
1. All Candidates seeking admission into any of these programmes must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes, including English Language.( in not more than two sittings) at the Senior Secondary Certificates Examination (WASCE//NECO/SSCE/GCE O/L) conducted by recognized examining bodies such as WAEC,NECO,NABTEB, University of London, University of Cambridge etc.
2. All Candidates must satisfy the specific O’level requirements of the programme they are applying for.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission – Specific Programme Requirements.
1. Master’s Programmes:
a. Graduates of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours Lower Division in the field of Study.
b. Candidates with Third class pass Bachelor’s degree and Postgraduate Diploma in the same subject.
c. Candidates with HND (Minimum of Upper CREDIT) and Postgraduate Diploma in the course applied for.
2. Postgraduate Diploma Programme
Candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate Programme should possess a minimum of third class pass in the Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of lower credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
3. Postgraduate Diploma in Education
Candidates for PGDE must have credit in Mathematics in addition to Credit in English Language.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission – Special Course Requirements.
1. Candidates wishing to Study Educational Management must have credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the WAEC, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education or at least 3years Post qualification experience in Educational administration/ Management in the public service.
2. Candidates wishing to Study Counseling Psychology must have credit pass in Mathematics at WAEC, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level.
*For Science and other Mathematics related courses, a credit pass in Mathematics is compulsory.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission – Duration of Programmes.
E. DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
a. Master’s degree by Course Work (Full-time Mode) 18 Months
b. Master’s degree by Course Work (Part-time Mode) 36 Months
c. Postgraduate Diploma (Full-time Mode) 12 Months
d. Postgraduate Diploma (Part-time Mode) 24 Months.
e. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Vacation) 2 Long vacations.
NOTE: All Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess NYSC discharge / Exemption certificate from the Directorate.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission – Method of Application.
1. Candidates should apply online with payment of application fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10,000) payable with Master card or VISA ATM card. `(Print out your receipt after payment).
2. The address for application is www.tasued.edu.ng, thereafter go to “my portal” or ‘‘portal.tasued.edu.ng/pgschool’’.
3. Complete the application form and print out the form along with referee report forms.
4. The printed on-line application forms should be submitted along with one Photostat copy of the following:
(a) WAEC/GCE O’ Level Certificate
(b) Bachelor’s Degree/ HND Certificate and other certificates.
(c) NYSC Discharge / Exemption Certificate (for Nigerian Candidates).
(d) Marriage Certificate or Evidence of change of Name(s) where applicable.
(e) Payment receipts.
(f) Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age
5. All applications should be addressed and sent to: The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, P.M.B 2118 Ijebu-Ode. Ogun State.
N.B Candidates are required to ensure that their Academic transcripts and referees’ reports are forwarded directly to the above address:
6. The application will end on Tuesday, 9th August, 2016. Only Application forms submitted with the required documents would be processed.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!