Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijagun, Ogun State, is now selling application forms for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session. See the courses, requirements and how to apply for TASUED postgraduate form below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time and part-time Postgraduate Programmes of the Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED) for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
Before you proceed, check: TASUED Postgraduate COURSES.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission Admission Requirements.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- All Candidates seeking admission into any of these programmes must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes, including English Language (in not more than two (2) sittings) at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WAEC//NECO/SSC/GCE O/L) conducted by recognized examining bodies such as West African Examination Council, National Examination Council, National Business and Technical Education Board, University of London, University of Cambridge etc.
SPECIFIC PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS:
- Postgraduate Diploma Programme
- Candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme should possess a minimum of Third Class in the Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of Lower Credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
- First Degree holders irrespective of class of degree who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as a profession.
- HND graduates irrespective of class of grade who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as profession.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master in Education Programme (PGDE/M.Ed)
- The programme is designed for candidates without background in Education who may wish to pursue M.Ed. programme. The two certificates will be issued concurrently at the end of the M.Ed. Programme.
- Master’s Programmes:
- Graduates of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the field of study.
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s Degrees and Postgraduate Diploma in the same subject.
- Candidates with HND (Minimum of Lower CREDIT) and Postgraduate Diploma in the course applied for.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- Every candidate must have a Master’s degree in his/her area of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 4.0 or 60%.
- Holders of M.Phil. Degree in his/her area of specialization.
- Those who have CGPA of 3.50 – 3.99 or 55% and above in Master’s degree programme can apply.
- Candidates in (c) above will have to go through a conversion process into Ph.D. programme.
SPECIAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management at Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education.
- Candidates wishing to study Guidance and Counseling Psychology at Master’s degree level must have credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have Certificate in Education
- Candidates wishing to study Educational and Media Technology at Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WAEC/NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. Candidates must also have a Certificate in Education.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Evaluation at Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level.
- Pass degree with 3 years cognate working experience is acceptable for Postgraduate Diploma in English.
- Candidate wishing to study Business Education at Master’s level must have credit pass in English and Mathematics at WAEC/NECO SSCE, GCE O’L or NABTEB
- For Science and other Mathematics related courses, a credit pass in Mathematics at the WAEC/NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level is compulsory.
Furation of TASUED Postgraduate Programmes.
- Postgraduate Diploma (Full-Time Mode) 12 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma (Part-Time Mode) 24 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Full-Time Mode) 18 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Part-Time Mode) 36 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master’s degree (Full-Time) 24 Months [Please note that the two (2) programmes will run consecutively]
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme 36 Months
How to Apply for TASUED Postgraduate Admission Form.
NOTE: All Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge/ Exemption/Exclusion certificate from the NYSC Directorate.
1. Candidates should apply online with payment of application fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10,000) payable with Master cards or VISA ATM cards. (Print out your receipt after payment).
2. The address for application is https://my.tasued.edu.ng/admission and select the appropriate Post-Graduate programme.
3. Complete the application form and print out the form along with three referees’ report forms.
4. The printed on-line application forms should be submitted along with one photostat copy of the following:
- WAEC/NECO SSC /GCE O’ Level Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree/ HND certificate and other certificates.
- NYSC Discharge / Exemption/ Exclusion Certificate (for Nigerian Candidates).
- Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable.
- Payment receipts.
- Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age
- 2 Passport photographs
5. Sale of Application forms ends on Monday, 30th September 2019.
6. All completed application forms are to be addressed and sent not later than Monday, 7th October 2019 to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun,
P.M.B 2118, Ijebu-Ode,
N.B Candidates are required to ensure that their academic transcripts and referees’ reports are forwarded directly to the above address not later than 31st October, 2019.
Only Application forms submitted with the required documents would be processed.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!