Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023
Get US$5,000 Seed Capital for Your Business Idea with the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023.
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 is open to African entrepreneurs with scalable business ideas or businesses that have been operational for no more than five years. Apply now and get the support you need to grow your business.
Last updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is pleased to invite applications for the 2023 cycle. This programme is designed to empower entrepreneurs across the African continent with training, mentorship, networking opportunities, and a US$5,000 seed capital.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is a private-sector-led philanthropy established in 2010, championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the African continent. The foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent.
The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is built on seven pillars that are specifically designed to meet the essential needs of African entrepreneurs and ensure their success. These pillars include mentoring, a 12-week business management training, knowledge resources on TEFConnect.net, meetups, an annual TEF Entrepreneurship Forum, seed capital funding, and a TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Alumni Network. With these pillars in place, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme provides the necessary support and resources for African entrepreneurs to thrive and achieve their business goals.
Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme Eligibility
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is open to Africans from all 54 African countries with scalable business ideas or businesses that have been operational for no more than five years. Applicants must be 18 years of age and above. Interested applicants may register on TEFConnect.net. The programme is not open to research institutions, faith-based organisations, value-adding trading companies, government contractors, or businesses not located in Africa. Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives, and property. All businesses must be business ideas or an early stage company, in the range of 0 to 5 years old.
Benefits of Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme
Selected entrepreneurs will have access to the following benefits:
- US$5,000 seed capital
- Networking opportunities with over 1 million African entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of learning content on Finance, Marketing, Branding, Talent Management, Technology and many more…
- The Marketplace creates access to the African market and offers our Alumni the opportunity to showcase your business products and services for increased visibility
- View and apply for global business opportunities made available by our network of Partners
- View and access business tools to ease the management of your business
Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme Application Process
To apply for the programme, interested and qualified candidates should register/login to TEFConnect, click on the Applications link on the Home Page, select the Programme, and follow the instructions. The application portal opens on the 1st of January of each year, and it’s free to apply.
- The application closing date is not specified.
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation is not associated with any agent for its entrepreneurship programme application purposes and condemns such act. If you know of anyone asking for money in exchange for application assistance, please report it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current employees or their family members from the Tony Elumelu Foundation and affiliate companies in the Heirs Holdings Group and UBA Group are not eligible to apply for the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, either individually or as part of a team.
- No existing TEF Beneficiaries can reapply to the programme after receiving seed capital. For non-TEF beneficiaries who have applied to the programme unsuccessfully in the past, you are eligible to re-apply.
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates