Tom Queba Scholarships for Social Change – In 2023, the Canon Collins Trust, in conjunction with the Tom Queba Memorial Fund, will be accepting applications for scholarships to be used toward master’s and doctoral degrees at universities in South Africa. They will provide money for up to a maximum of two years and an opportunity to strengthen your academic and leadership skills through structured events.
Scholars demonstrate the potential to drive change toward just and equitable civil societies across all of their scholarships. The overarching requirement of the scholarship is that the proposed study directly contributes to social and/or environmental development, particularly the improvement of the lives and livelihoods of South Africa’s poorest people. Scholarships for social change will be awarded in the following areas:
Tom Queba Scholarships Eligibility
- be a black female South African national who normally resides in South Africa
- have a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division, or equivalent) or be about to graduate in the year of application
- be enrolled in or applying to a Masters or doctoral programme at a South African university
Tom Queba Scholarships Value
- The scholarship package is worth R85, 000 in 2023. Funding will be available for a maximum of two years. They encourage both full-time and part-time study and will consider applications from those interested in studying via distance learning.
- They also host an annual conference for current scholars as well as a number of smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship recipients are expected to participate in these activities as well as to join and contribute to their network.
How to Apply for Tom Queba Scholarships
Before submitting an application, please download and read the instructions carefully. Applications will close on Monday, August 22, 2022, at 15:00 BST.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.