Total Recruitment for Environment Operations Engineer » Total Nigeria, a leader in the upstream and downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry, is recruiting for Environment Operations Engineer. The position role includes, but is not limited to, ensuring regular review and maintenance of the all Environmental Aspect and Environmental Legal Registers. The ideal candidate should possess Bachelor degree in Engineering and related Sciences.
Total Nigeria Job Vacancy for Environment Operations Engineer …
Job Title: Environment Operations Engineer.
Job Location: Lagos State.
Environment Management System/ISO 14001 Certification Driver
- Ensures regular review and maintenance of the all Environmental Aspect and Environmental Legal Registers
- Ensures significant environmental concerns are cascaded to the environment objectives and environmental management plan
- Maintains Environmental Procedures including the Aspect Procedure, Environmental Management plan, Environmental Improvement Plan, Environment Monitoring Procedure, and Environment Record Procedure, oil spill contingency plans , and to organise and participate in exercise/audits to ensure the effectiveness of the plans.
- Liaises with field operations to develop, facilitate review and maintenance of the procedures and systems in line with the ISO 14001 requirements including the competence assessment system, site document control, corrective action, Health Safety & Environment (HSE) communication procedures.
- Plans and participates in site environmental audits, and to monitor, follow-up and assess any agreed corrective recommendations as well as ensuring their implementation.
- Reviews and maintains implementation of Environment Management Systems training for site personnel and management
- Maintains ISO 14001 Certification of Company facilities (offices, bases, onshore/offshore operational sites).
Oil Spill Management
- Liaises with all relevant entities on Oil Spill Preparedness and Response.
- Liaises with DPR, FMENV, NOSDRA and other regulators to ensure compliance in oil spill related matters.
- Ensures weathering test, trajectory monitoring and environmental sensitivity studies are carried out and results from these tests form the basis of oil spill plan reviews and improvement
- Ensures that contracts are in place for the removal and treatment of waste from operational sites
- Ensures that waste procedures and equipment are provided to facilitate segregation of waste on site
- Ensures waste audits at the contractors sites and onboard operational fields.
- Ensures that contractors are accredited and waste treatment facilities are approved by the DPR and FMENV
Environmental Monitoring and Reporting
- Facilitates the weekly monitoring on-board the FPSOs by third party consultants
- Facilitates joint monitoring visits with DPR, FMENV and other regulatory agencies.
- Carries out feedback report to field asset operation on the environmental compliance status of site operations
- Carries out audits at the contractors sites
- Collates and submits periodic reports on various subjects required to relevant parties (Head Office, technical entities, authorities, etc)
Environmental Permits, Regulations and Compliance
- Verifies and follow-up delivery of appropriate environmental authorisations, permits and consents needed for conducting operations
- Represents the Company in relations with authorities and other operators on environmental matters
- Provides advice to Line Managers to enable them undertake their activities in conformance with statutory requirements and applicable regulations
Activity leader/Pilot for Maestro principle (Health Safety & Environment Management System)
- Ensures that improvement plan is defined
- Liaises with Maestro Champion to implementation of improvement action plan
- Follows up the Maestro actions in Company incident and action management database (synergi).
- Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering and related Sciences
- Minimum of 5 -10 years work experience in environmental management activities for offshore and onshore engineering, construction and production of oil and gas.
- Recognised Environmental Management qualification
- Experience in EMS implementation, environment studies, operations, reporting, waste management and oil spill management
- Sound knowledge in Environment and Safety matters, e;g; legislations, codes of practice, etc.
- Good business orientation, strong interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
- Good analytical skills and a keen sense of reality.
Apply Before: June 4, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!