Total Recruitment for Production Operator (Trainee) » Total Nigeria, a leader in the upstream and downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry, is recruiting for Production Operator (Trainee). The ideal candidate should possess OND in Engineering or Sciences (Diploma qualification obtained must not be earlier than 2013).
Total Nigeria Job Vacancy for Production Operator (Trainee) …
Job Title: Production Operator (Trainee).
Job Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
Successful candidates from the selection process will undergo a period of supervised practical training on the job for 1 year, during which they would:
- Gain knowledge of and comply with Company Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Participate in the Toolbox Talks and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place
- Perform regular checks and audits of the working locations
- Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, inerting of equipment as required
- Ensure safe equipment handover to third parties
- Carry out the daily routine activities (visual checks, leak checks, set up / reset up, change over, …)
- Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves, …) and fill out the relevant log sheets,
- Carry out first level maintenance (e.g. valve greasing, pump tests, instrument checks, purging, draining, filter changeover / replacement, easy fix, diagnostics / trouble shootings and contributes to further in depth analyses, etc)
- Record local functional parameters (e.g. meter, levels, recorders)
- Learn to report any abnormal observation / variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, plant integrity infringement, …
- Perform samplings for laboratory analysis,
- Be involved in Startup / shutdown the plant and / or equipment and / or facilities as required,
- Contribute to Cause Tree Analysis, Risk Assessments, Permit to Work preparation, Operating Procedures, …, as required,
- Contributesto SIMOPS, Commissioning and Start-up activities as required
Upon confirmation of satisfactory completion of the Training Contract, trainees will be eligible for employment.
- OND in Engineering or Sciences (Diploma qualification obtained must not be earlier than 2013)
- Oil & Gas operations competency certification (OPITO or its equivalent)
- 2 years experience in Oil Field Operations
- Strong HSE awareness and commitment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable motivation and potential to learn
Apply Before: June 4, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!