Total Nigeria Job Vacancy for Production Operator (Trainee) …
Job Title: Production Operator (Trainee).
Job Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
Successful candidates from the selection process will undergo a period of supervised practical training on the job for 1 year, during which they would:
- Gain knowledge of and comply with Company Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Participate in the Toolbox Talks and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place
- Perform regular checks and audits of the working locations
- Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, inerting of equipment as required
- Ensure safe equipment handover to third parties
- Carry out the daily routine activities (visual checks, leak checks, set up / reset up, change over, …)
- Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves, …) and fill out the relevant log sheets,
- Carry out first level maintenance (e.g. valve greasing, pump tests, instrument checks, purging, draining, filter changeover / replacement, easy fix, diagnostics / trouble shootings and contributes to further in depth analyses, etc)
- Record local functional parameters (e.g. meter, levels, recorders)
- Learn to report any abnormal observation / variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, plant integrity infringement, …
- Perform samplings for laboratory analysis,
- Be involved in Startup / shutdown the plant and / or equipment and / or facilities as required,
- Contribute to Cause Tree Analysis, Risk Assessments, Permit to Work preparation, Operating Procedures, …, as required,
- Contributesto SIMOPS, Commissioning and Start-up activities as required
Upon confirmation of satisfactory completion of the Training Contract, trainees will be eligible for employment.
- OND in Engineering or Sciences (Diploma qualification obtained must not be earlier than 2013)
- Oil & Gas operations competency certification (OPITO or its equivalent)
- 2 years experience in Oil Field Operations
- Strong HSE awareness and commitment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable motivation and potential to learn
Apply Before: June 4, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!