Total Recruitment for Reservoir Geophysicist » Total Nigeria, a leader in the upstream and downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry, is recruiting for Reservoir Geophysicist. The position role includes, but is not limited to, interpretation of geophysical data within the context of exploration and field development studies . The ideal candidate should possess Professional education in geophysics (MSc or PhD).
Total Nigeria Job Vacancy for Reservoir Geophysicist …
Job Title: Reservoir Geophysicist
Job Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
Successful candidate will work in integrated project teams comprising of geoscientists, reservoir engineers, drillers, economists and other relevant professionals, providing geophysical inputs to exploration, field development and production studies.
The job scope will consist of collation, quality control and analysis of geophysical data, integrating available wells, geological and engineering data to provide reliable assessment and representation of the subsurface structures and reservoirs.
Applicants are expected to be conversant with contemporary tools and techniques of Seismic interpretation, seismic reservoir characterization, geostatistics and uncertainties analysis.
Activities will include, but will not be limited to the following :
– Quality Control of geophysical input data used for reservoir studies
– Interpretation of geophysical data within the context of exploration and field development studies
– Contribution to the building of geological reservoir models with reservoir geologists, engineers and other specialists
– Clear representation and communication of the uncertainties associated with interpretation results and the
– Participation in field evaluation for new ventures during data rooms
– Participation in seismic data acquisition feasibility designs and processing workflows to support the operations
– Proposal of new processing, inversions, seismic acquisitions…..when necessary
– Ensuring the continuity of information through reporting and archiving.
– Preparation and promotion of geophysical work program
– Participation in well preparation processes and the follow up of drilling activities
– Sharing of geophysical know-how among geoscientists through seminars, workshops, etc.
– Rigor and creativity
– Excellent team player.
– Respect of studies planning and budget.
– Good attention to cost optimization
– Health, Safety, Security and Environment Consciousness.
- Professional education in geophysics (MSc or PhD)
- Experience in interpretation (number of years): 4 – 7 years in seismic interpretation.
Knowledge in the following areas will be considered an added advantage:
- Upstream geophysics (Seismic acquisition and processing)
- Structural, sedimentology turbiditic environment and reservoir geology.
Apply Before: June 4, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!