Total Recruitment for Senior Buyer » Total Nigeria, a leader in the upstream and downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry, is recruiting for Senior Buyer. The position role includes, but is not limited to, ensuring the proper execution of purchasing operations. The ideal candidate should possess a degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
Total Nigeria Job Vacancy for Senior Buyer …
Job Title: Senior Buyer.
Job Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
Job Description: The Job holder adheres to Company Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) rules
The job holder ensures compliance with guidelines:
- Ensures compliance of the purchasing process with all internal Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation.
- Ensures the application of Company General Terms and Conditions for purchase of equipments
- Ensures good administration and filing of all the purchasing documents and ensures that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms etc. are archived in line with the applicable procedures.
- Ensures that all purchasing activities meet audit requirements in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions.
The job holder liaises with Partners and contributes to the work processes and deliverables of the purchasing entity:
- Prepares Contract Committee documents and participate with partners and duets for the presentation of Recommendation To Award while ensuring efficiency of the process
- Follow-up, analyze and know the markets, participate to the follow-up, and evaluation of suppliers with partners from different disciplines
- Contributes to reporting Key Performance Indicators for the purchasing activities of his/her team
- Uses and enriches Market Intelligence information,
- Engages in good use of SAP and other e-sourcing tools
- Identifies or participate tin Best Practices, proposes Return on Experience to the Head of Purchasing
- Utilizes frame agreements signed by headquarters
The Job holder ensures the proper execution of purchasing operations by performing the following activities:
- Organizes and leads negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of POs
- Analyses all Purchase Requisitions for adequate material specification, budget authorisations and cost centres to which the purchases are being charged
- Reviews all PRs assigned, Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compiles tender packages and organizes call for tender / request for quotation
- Answers to tenderers requests for clarification
- Studies, compares and evaluates offers in order to have the most economical and contractually advantageous conditions
- Pays attention to Company general conditions and terms of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception and payment
- Purchasing Key User
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
- At least 8 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry with very good knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting company purchases in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
Apply Before: June 4, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!