Total Nigeria Job Vacancy for Senior Buyer …
Job Title: Senior Buyer.
Job Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
Job Description: The Job holder adheres to Company Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) rules
The job holder ensures compliance with guidelines:
- Ensures compliance of the purchasing process with all internal Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation.
- Ensures the application of Company General Terms and Conditions for purchase of equipments
- Ensures good administration and filing of all the purchasing documents and ensures that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms etc. are archived in line with the applicable procedures.
- Ensures that all purchasing activities meet audit requirements in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions.
The job holder liaises with Partners and contributes to the work processes and deliverables of the purchasing entity:
- Prepares Contract Committee documents and participate with partners and duets for the presentation of Recommendation To Award while ensuring efficiency of the process
- Follow-up, analyze and know the markets, participate to the follow-up, and evaluation of suppliers with partners from different disciplines
- Contributes to reporting Key Performance Indicators for the purchasing activities of his/her team
- Uses and enriches Market Intelligence information,
- Engages in good use of SAP and other e-sourcing tools
- Identifies or participate tin Best Practices, proposes Return on Experience to the Head of Purchasing
- Utilizes frame agreements signed by headquarters
The Job holder ensures the proper execution of purchasing operations by performing the following activities:
- Organizes and leads negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of POs
- Analyses all Purchase Requisitions for adequate material specification, budget authorisations and cost centres to which the purchases are being charged
- Reviews all PRs assigned, Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compiles tender packages and organizes call for tender / request for quotation
- Answers to tenderers requests for clarification
- Studies, compares and evaluates offers in order to have the most economical and contractually advantageous conditions
- Pays attention to Company general conditions and terms of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception and payment
- Purchasing Key User
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
- At least 8 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry with very good knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting company purchases in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
Apply Before: June 4, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!