TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 is calling for applications from nationals of a developing country (other than India). The deadline for the submission of applications is September 15, 2022.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of India’s Ministry of Science and Technology, in collaboration with UNESCO-TWAS, launched a fellowship programme for foreign researchers from developing countries interested in pursuing research for a PhD in biotechnology.
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are available for up to five years at prominent biotechnology research institutions in India.
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Details
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for individuals enrolled in a PhD programme in their home country): The Fellowship may be awarded for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of two years.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not pursuing a PhD): The Fellowship is first granted for a term of up to three years. Such Fellowships may subsequently be extended for a further two years based on the student’s performance. Candidates will enrol in a PhD programme at an Indian university. DBT will notify TWAS and the candidate of any such extensions.
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Eligibility
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships, be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (sample is included in the application form); OR
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships; be willing to register at a university in India.
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India. N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to DBT.
- Provide a research proposal outline.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Cost
- DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
How to Apply for TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application as early as possible.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.