Applications are invited from mathematical scientists in Africa or Arab regions for the TWAS – Mohammad A. Hamdan Award 2020. The deadline for submission of applications is 15th June, 2020.
This new award will be given for outstanding mathematical work carried out by a scientist working and living in Africa or Arab regions.
Starting from year 2020, this new award is named after TWAS’s late Vice President for the Arab Region, Prof. Hamdan. As a Member of the Academy since 1988, Prof. Hamdan was deeply committed to the cause and objectives of TWAS and for many years he actively supported them, and held the position of TWAS Vice-President for the Arab countries on the TWAS Council.
His true commitment to the cause and mission of TWAS in sustaining scientific capacity building in the developing world was so strong that he endowed a large sum to TWAS to establish an award in his name.
TWAS – Mohammad A. Hamdan Award Eligibility.
- Open to mathematical scientist working and living in Africa or Arab regions
- The award will be given for outstanding mathematical work (pure, applied, probability, statistics).
- Eligible candidates are national of an African or Arab country, who have been living and working there for a minimum of two years immediately prior to their nomination.
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible. Self nominations will not be considered.
TWAS – Mohammad A. Hamdan Award.
- The award consists of USD $5,000 and a certificate.
TWAS – Mohammad A. Hamdan Award Selection Criteria.
Selection is made on scientific merit. A pre-screening of the nominees will be done at TWAS, The nomination dossiers of the qualified candidates will then be submitted to jury members for their evaluation.
How to Apply for TWAS – Mohammad A. Hamdan Award.
- The following three documents must be attached to the e-mail message:
- The nomination form;
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a full list of publications
- A supporting statement by the nominator
- Ask the nominee to send by email the following authorization to firstname.lastname@example.org: “In conformity with Article 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003, I herewith authorize TWAS to process my personal data for the purposes of my nomination as a candidate for a TWAS Award.”
Complete the nomination form electronically, save it in the format SURNAME_Initial.doc (e.g. SMITH_D.doc if the candidate’s name is David SMITH), and send it to: email@example.com with the subject: Mohammad A. Hamdan Award _ nomination for Dr. Surname.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.