University of Africa Toru Orua, Bayelsa State (UAT) has announced the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor.
Prof. Kingston Nyamapfene, an American citizen born in Zimbabwe, a Professor of Soil Science for 29 years, has been appointed as the new Vice-Chancellor of University of Africa, Toru-Orua (UAT).
He replaces the University’s inaugural Vice- Chancellor, Prof. Valentine A. Aletor, whose tenure ended in September, 2019.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
On the occasion marking the change-over, the Bayelsa State Commissioner for Education, Hon. (Dr.) Jonathan R. Obuebite, commended Prof. Aletor for his industry and uncommon accomplishments within a short period.
Prof. Aletor thanked the visitor, H.E. the Executive Governor of Bayelsa State, Henry Seriake Dickson, for having given him the opportunity to serve. He also appreciated members of Staff for their support and dedication.
The new Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Nyamapfene, expressed his appreciation for the way Prof. Aletor had graciously welcomed him and had already started to ease him into the new position and promised to build on Prof. Aletor’s legacy.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!