This is to inform the general public and especially all secondary school students in Nigeria that the 2015 edition of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) National Essay Competition is out. Winners will get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice.
The Essay Competition is a follow up on of the Read Africa initiative of the Foundation, which involves giving out literature books to secondary school students to help rekindle the reading culture amongst the youths in Africa. The Programme also involves mentoring and reading sessions with the students.
Entry Procedures and. Rules:
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or photocopies of International passport data page
- Applicants must be Senior Secondary School students in Nigerian Secondary Schools
- Applicants should send in handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the competition topic
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information (school name & address, residential address, phone number and email address)
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intend to study in an African university.
- The decision of the judges is final.
Essay Topic: “What matters most to you in life and why”
Winner:- N1,000,000.00 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/fees and a Laptop
1st runner-up:- N750,000.00 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/fees and a Laptop
2nd runner-up:– N500,000.00 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/fees and a Laptop
Consolation Prizes will be given to the finalists
The panel of judges is made up of professors from reputable Nigerian universities,
Closing Date for Entries:
November 13, 2015. Late entries will not be accepted.
Entries should be sent to:
United Bank for Africa Plc UBA House (3rd Floor)
57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
Please note that terms and conditions guiding the competition shall apply to all winners.
UBA Foundation will not be responsible for any liabilities and losses resulting from participation.