Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH), Sokoto, has officially commenced its application process for the 2023/2024 academic session, inviting qualified candidates to apply to its esteemed School of Post-Basic Paediatric Nursing (SOPN).
The school offers a comprehensive twelve-month Post-Basic training program in Paediatric Nursing Education, designed to equip students with the essential skills and knowledge needed in the specialized field of paediatric nursing.
To be considered for admission into the Post-Basic Paediatric Nursing program, candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Possess a current practising license.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of post-Nursing qualification experience.
- Obtain a minimum of five (5) credits in WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB, including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, in not more than two (2) sittings.
Method of Application
The application process for the Post-Basic Paediatric Nursing program involves the following steps:
- Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of five thousand Naira (NGN5,000) into the School of Post-Basic Paediatric Nursing, UDUTH account via Remita. To do this, select ‘School of Post Basic Pediatric Nursing’ from the Service Type drop-down menu.
- The original copy of the payment receipt should be presented to the School’s Secretary, after which login details (including a PIN number) will be issued to the candidate.
- With the issued login details, candidates can then visit the official SOPN UDUTH portal at www.sopn.uduth.org.ng to commence the application process.
- After completing the online application, print two (2) copies of the application summary for reference purposes.
The portal will be opened for applications from Monday, 1st May 2023, and will close on Friday, 29th September 2023. Eligible candidates will be invited for an entrance examination on Saturday, 30th September 2023, at the School premises. The selection interview will subsequently be conducted on Monday, 2nd October 2023.
In conclusion, this admission opportunity presents an enriching learning experience for nursing professionals looking to specialize in paediatric care. Don’t miss out on this chance to advance your nursing career at one of Nigeria’s leading institutions.