University of Ibadan (UI) COVID-19 pandemic update to all members of the university community. Management expects total compliance with by all members of the community and entrants to the campus.
In response to the recently observed rise in the number of cases of COVID-19, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) announced that the country had entered a second wave of the pandemic. Consequently, some rules have been imposed to forestall further infection and/or spread.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Sexual And Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition 2021 for Nigerians
The University Management hereby requests compliance with the following rules specified by the FGN on campus:
- Closure of all bars, eat-in places restaurants or club for an initial period of 5 (five) weeks;
- All informal or formal gatherings including end of year events should be restricted to not more than 50 (fifty) persons;
- Religious events should be limited to less than fifty per cent capacity of the facility of use during which physical distancing, appropriate use of facemasks, and other recommendations should be strictly enforced;
- Events having more than fifty persons in attendance should be held outdoors and with appropriate use of facemasks and adherence to other recommendations;
- Campus transportation should carry not more than fifty per cent of their capacity in
compliance with social distancing rules;
- Mandatory and appropriate use of facemasks should be observed by all and sundry on campus;
- Persons aged 60 years and above and/or with co-morbidities should stay at home and avoid crowds;
- The leadership of offices should take responsibility for adequate ventilation, working from. home, and adherence to other recommended precautions etc.;
- Virtual meetings should be adopted/encouraged in offices as much as possible;
- CONTISS 12 officers and below are expected to work from home; and
- Persons having symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, breathlessness should call any of these numbers: 08095394000, 08078288800
Management expects total compliance with the above by all members of the community and entrants to the campus.
Federal Government’s task force, nay the University Management, may apply sanctions where breached.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!