Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN FAO) is now accepting entries from children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world for its 2020 World Food Day Poster Contest. The deadline for the submission of entries for UN FAO World Food Day Poster Contest is 6th November, 2020.
Calling out to all children and teens around the world! If you’re between ages 5 to 19, the UN FAO wants you to use your imagination and create a poster of your favourite food hero at work and submit it for their World Food Day Poster Contest 2020.
The world is full of food heroes – from farmers to drivers, shop assistants, food bank or government representatives etc., who despite various challenges, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, work hard to make sure that food makes its way from farms to our table. Let’s celebrate their great efforts this World Food Day. Young minds can be inspired by the FAO’s World Food Day Activity Book that talks about the important role food heroes play in the food system and how everyone can come together and take action to support their food heroes so they can provide the healthy diets we need, while protecting the planet.
UN FAO World Food Day Poster Contest Eligibility.
- Open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
- The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
- The competition is divided into the following categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted.
- All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
- All participants are encouraged to read about the World Food Day theme in the World Food Day Activity Book Younger children may want to learn together with a parent or teacher.
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided. All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Working on an A4 sheet or an 8 ½ inches by 11 inches sheet is recommended, to make it easier for you to scan and upload your poster design. If your poster is larger, you may have to take a digital photo of the work and upload the photo file.
- Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
UN FAO World Food Day Poster Contest Prizes.
- 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee in December 2020. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website.
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning posters are published, only the first initial, full family name and country of origin will be published. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.
How to Take Part in UN FAO World Food Day Poster Contest.
Take a photo or scan your poster and submit your entry by filling out the form. The deadline is November 6, 2020.
Upload Poster Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.