3 Injured During UNIABUJA Hostel Fire Otbreak

Three female students of the University of Abuja suffered injury following a fire outbreak at the hostel of the school’s mini-campus in Gwagwalada, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.

A witness said the incident occurred on Sunday night when most students had gone to bed.


She said only one room was affected in the incident saying one of those who suffered burns  was still receiving treatment at a hospital in Abuja, while the remaining two were treated for minor injuries and discharged.

“The four occupants of the room lost all their belongings to the fire as the affected room was completely razed down before the fire was put under control,” she said.

The fire outbreak is suspected to have been caused by a lit cooking stove left unattended as there was no electricity when the incident occurred.

Although there was no official statement from the management of the university concerning the incident, Daily Trust learnt that the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor James Sunday Adelabu had already visited the scene of fire.

Professor Adelabu, who sympathized with victims of the incident, also warned students to stop using cooking stove in their rooms.

Source: Daily Trust



If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!


Previous Post: ASUP Strike: Seems No Hope for Strike to End Soon
Next Post: DELSUTH Successful at First Kidney Transplant

Olusegun
Meet The Author
Olusegun Fapohunda is the founder and editor of MySchoolGist. He loves to share education news from various sources to keep readers informed.
You can connect with him on Twitter, Instagram.
Get in touch
Leave a Comment