We invite applications for a full-time Research Fellow position within our research group. Applicants should have a background in life Sciences preferably Physiology, Biochemistry or Biology.
Before applying, the applicant should peruse through some of our publications https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=odili+AN to look for areas of overlapping interest.
Our group is a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary research group. Our projects have mainly focused on the epidemiology of chronic diseases with particular interest on cardiovascular diseases. Our current projects REmoving the MAsk on Hypertension (REMAH) and Nigerian Salt Survey are poised to scale up on existing project: Nigerian Population Research on Environment Gene and Health (NIPREGH).
Requirements The candidate must:
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s degree at not lower than second class upper division level in the following areas: Physiology, Medical Biochemistry or Biological Sciences
- Must not be more than three years post-graduation.
- Show potential as an academic researcher hence be motivated to pursue a master’s degree in University of Abuja
- Be able to demonstrate his/her affinity with the research group
- Be willing to carry out some organizational duties
- Be willing to live within the vicinity of Federal Housing Authority Estate, Lugbe where the field centre is located.
We offer the candidate a full-time employment for 2 years.
You will work both at the field centre located at the Federal Housing Authority, Estate Lugbe, Abuja as well as carry out field work at other states in Nigeria.
The salary for this position amounts to about N60, 000 per month. Other fringe benefits include the offer of an accommodation within the Federal Housing Estate, Lugbe.
Send a CV and a motivation letter (not more than 400 words) to Dr. Augustine Odili: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received not later than January 25th, 2017.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!