The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) has announced the commencement of the sale of its postgraduate programmes admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session. The postgraduate programmes are available in various faculties and departments, leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate degrees. In this post, we will take a detailed look at the available courses, admission requirements, and application process for the UNIABUJA postgraduate programmes.
University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) Postgraduate Programmes Offered:
The UNIABUJA postgraduate programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate degrees. Below is a list of available programmes:
- Postgraduate Diploma Certificate in Education (PGDE), Business Administration (PGDBA), Public Administration (PGDPA), Political Science, Banking and Finance (PGDBF), Diplomatic Studies, Statistics, Engineering, Food Hygiene Veterinary, Epidemiology, Crop Protection, Agronomy, Agro-Forestry, Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Agric. Business Management, Soil science, Animal Science, Environmental Planning and Protection (PGDEPP), Postgraduate Diploma in Gender Studies.
- Master of Arts (M.A) Master of Education (M. Ed), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Law (LL.M), Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Master of Environmental Planning and Protection (MEPP), Master of Public Health, Master of Engineering, Master of Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Bacteriology, Immunology, Virology.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in various areas of specializations in the listed Faculties and Departments in ‘a’ and ‘b’ above.
For a comprehensive list of postgraduate courses, check the UNIABUJA Postgraduate Courses 2022/2023.
UNIABUJA Postgraduate Admission General Entry Requirements:
Before proceeding with the application process, candidates must meet the following general entry requirements:
- Candidate for postgraduate studies into the University of Abuja must have obtained at least (5) credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings in WASC NECO GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalent.
- Candidate applying for the M.A., M.Ed., M. Eng., MVPH, MVPM, and M.Sc. degrees in any field must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree with at least second class lower division in the relevant discipline.
- A candidate for PhD in any Programme of the University of Abuja must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% (4 points) letter grade “B” average performance in the Master’s Degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s Degree from any other University, who in his/her Masters study had not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalent, similar to the courses in the University of Abuja shall, on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% (4 points) or a letter grade “B.”
- Candidates seeking admission into any of the postgraduate Diploma Programmes must possess a university degree with a minimum grade of third class or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit.
- MBBS, BDS is required for MPH Community Medicine while health-related degree is required for MPH Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- A candidate for PhD should attach a maximum of 500 words research proposal.
How to Apply for UNIABUJA Postgraduate Form
If you meet the general entry requirements, you can proceed to apply for UNIABUJA Postgraduate Admission for the 2022/2023 academic session. Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the University of Abuja portal via https://portal.uniabuja.edu.ng
- Click on “Click here to apply“
- On the left pane, click on Postgraduate
- Enter the requested details (surname, first name, other names, email, and phone number) and click Next
- On the payment preview page, click on Generate RRR
- Click make payment and you will be redirected to the remita platform, enter your card details (Master Card or Visa Card)
- After a successful payment, you will be redirected back to the portal and application number generated and you will be logged out.
- Click on “Main Login,” enter the generated application number and surname as the password to continue the application process.
Application Fee: A non-refundable Application fee of N20,500.00 should be paid to the University of Abuja Account through REMITA via the University of Abuja Portal. Applicants are advised to access REMITA through the University of Abuja Portal for record purposes.
Note the following:
- Mix-up in the application by the applicant will attract other charges.
- Multiple applications are to be paid for and fill forms separately.
- Error in completion and submission of forms during the process of application would lead to loss of application processing for the academic session (e.g. selecting M.Phil. instead of M.Sc. or PhD).
- A candidate who is not admitted into the programme applied for cannot transfer the application for consideration into another programme.
- Statement of Result for (4) years and above will not be accepted for admission (applicants should, therefore, obtain certificates from the relevant examination bodies).
- Application fees are non-refundable.
Deadline for Application: The deadline for UNIABUJA Postgraduate Admission Application is May 5, 2023. Therefore, all candidates interested in applying should ensure that they apply before the deadline.
In conclusion, the University of Abuja is one of the reputable universities in Nigeria, offering postgraduate programmes in various fields of study. The application process is simple and straightforward, and the general entry requirements are clearly stated. Candidates who meet the requirements should take advantage of this opportunity to apply for admission into UNIABUJA postgraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.