The quest for academic excellence drives thousands to the gates of universities each year. The University of Benin (UNIBEN) is no exception, and it is with immense pleasure that they announce their Post-UTME/admission screening for the 2023/2024 academic session. If you’re an aspiring candidate, it’s crucial to understand the nuances of this process.
|📅 Dates:||Application: 25th August – 22nd September 2023; Screening: 9th – 14th October 2023.|
|🏛 Venue:||Designated centres within the Ugbowo Campus of UNIBEN.|
|🎯 Eligibility:||1st Choice in JAMB, 200+ UTME score, 5 credit passes (incl. English & Maths).|
|📧 Prerequisite:||Valid e-mail account for application.|
|💻 Application:||Via UNIBEN’s WAEUP portal: waeup.uniben.edu/applicants. Follow the detailed steps provided.|
|📸 Photo Spec:||1×1 colour passport photo with red background in JPEG.|
|📜 Screening Details:||Check online on 2nd October 2023 for individual schedule. CBT mode. Seated 1 hour prior. No mobiles/calculators.|
|⚠ Deadline:||Midnight of Friday 22nd September, 2023.|
Key Dates to Remember for UNIBEN’s Admission Screening
The Post-UTME Screening Exercise for the 2023/2024 academic session is set to unfold from Monday, 9th October 2023 to Saturday, 14th October 2023. This pivotal event will take place in allocated centres within the Ugbowo Campus of UNIBEN.
Criteria for Eligibility
To ensure a smooth admission process, candidates are expected to meet the following prerequisites:
- Choice and Score: Only those who elected UNIBEN as their primary choice during the 2023/2024 UTME and DIRECT ENTRY Admission process and achieved a score of at least 200 (for UTME candidates) are eligible.
- Academic Merit: Applicants must have secured at least five credit passes in GCE O/L, SSCE, NECO or their equivalents. This should include English Language, Mathematics (if the chosen course demands a credit in mathematics) and three other relevant subjects. This feat should be accomplished in no more than two sittings.
- Email Account: An essential tool for the admission process is a valid email account, facilitating seamless communication.
Step-by-Step Guide to the Application Process
Applying for UNIBEN’s Post-UTME involves a structured process, which is detailed below:
Timeframe: The application window commences at 8:00 am on Friday, 25th August 2023 and concludes at midnight on Friday, 22nd September 2023.
Starting Point: Begin by ensuring you have a functional email account. Then, visit the official university site: uniben.edu.
Student Portal: Navigate to the ‘Student Portal’ and subsequently click on the WAEUP Portal.
Registration: Click on ‘Register for application’ at the top left and provide your surname and JAMB Registration number to receive your ID and password.
Login & Application: Utilise your username and password to log into the WAEUP KOFA Student Portal. Click on ‘Application record’ to furnish all necessary information and upload your passport photograph.
- Photo Specifications: A recent “1 x 1” colour passport photo with a red background in JPEG format is imperative. This image becomes the ID for admitted students throughout their tenure at UNIBEN.
Payment: The application fee, amounting to Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00), can be paid via any commercial bank in Nigeria using an ATM-enabled card. Follow the on-screen instructions after clicking on “pay via Remita”.
Finalise Application: Before submission, ensure all provided information is accurate. Note that post-closure corrections are not entertained.
Print Documents: After successfully submitting the application, revert online on the stipulated date to print the acknowledgement and screening invitation slips.
Screening Details and Course Groupings
On Monday, 2nd October 2023, candidates should check online for specific details about their screening day, venue, and time.
Courses are grouped as follows:
1. PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Environmental Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Education – Physical Sciences
- Technical Education
- Statistics (Pure Science option)
2. LIFE SCIENCES
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Education – Life Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Home Economics
- Veterinary Medicine
3. SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Social Sciences
- Education – Social Sciences
- Early Childhood Education
- Library and Information Science
- Guidance and Counseling
- Special Education
- Adult Education
4. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Management Sciences
- Mathematics & Economics
- Estate Management
- Education – Arts
The screening shall employ the Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode. All candidates are to be seated at least an hour before the scheduled time. It’s crucial to remember that mobile phones and calculators are prohibited during the exercise.
Required Documents: Attend the screening with both the acknowledgement and the screening invitation slips.
Conclusion and Application Deadline
All applications must culminate by midnight of Friday, 22nd September 2023. Regrettably, late payments, even if completed after the stated deadline, won’t be eligible for the screening process.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.