The Senate of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, on Monday elected Professor Folasade Ogunsola as the acting Vice-Chancellor as recommended by the Visitor to the institution – President Muhammadu Buhari.
Folasade Ogunsola, a Professor of Medical Microbiology, was on Monday elected the Acting Vice-Chancellor of the University of Lagos, UNILAG, by the Senate of the institution.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
Ogunsola, until her election as the Acting VC, was the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Development Services. She is the first female to be so appointed in the history of the 58-year-old ivory institution.
Two Deputy Vice-Chancellors, one from Development Services and the other from Management Services, vied for the position.
Out of the 167 senate members who voted at the exercise, 135 voted for DVC Development Services while DVC Management Services got 31 votes, one voided vote was recorded.
In her acceptance speech, Prof. Ogunsola, who is also the chairperson of Infections Control Africa Network, and member of the Lagos State COVID-19 task force, thanked the professors for entrusting her with what she described as a huge responsibility.
“Electing me the acting vice-chancellor at such time the university is going through so much is a big task. But it is a task for all of us, and I appeal to you to help rewrite the story of this great university for good,” She said.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!