The African Cluster Centre at the University of Lagos (Nigeria) is now accepting applications from eligible scholars for its 2022 postdoctoral fellowship in African and Diaspora Studies. The deadline for submission of applications for the UNILAG African Cluster Centre Fellowship is November 30, 2022.
The Lagos African Cluster Centre invites applications for a one- to three-month Visiting Fellowship beginning in January 2023. Scholars interested in ‘Reconfiguring African Studies’ through multidisciplinary engagement are encouraged to attend.
The Fellowship’s goal is to expose scholars to the process of reconfiguring African Studies within the context and realities of Africa. The scholar will become a Fellow of the Lagos – African Cluster Centre as a result of the scholarship (ACC). Fellows will be expected to engage with the above theme by re-examining basic assumptions and questioning them with multidisciplinary approaches in order to enhance, uphold, or dismiss current knowledge about Africans while demonstrating the multiple-ness in African discourses.
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility
- Applicant should hold a PhD degree, by the time of application;
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects; with a focus on Africa;
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research career;
- Be published in chosen area of specialty;
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to the country of which applicant is a citizen and/or a current resident upon completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be based in an African Academic Institution, preferably in any of the ACCs and the University of Bayreuth.
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship Benefits
Fellowship shall include:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses in Lagos.
- Travel insurance in Nigeria
- Accommodation in the University of Lagos: single room with shared facilities.
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
How to Apply for UNILAG African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship
Kindly submit an application package containing the items below in one PDF document to email@example.com with the Subject: VISITING FELLOW 2023.
The Application Package should include the following:
- Information Page including
- First Name, Surname
- Date of Birth
- Current Home Address
- MA Degree(s) (Discipline, University, Year)
- PhD Degree: (Discipline, Dissertation Title, University, Year)
- Current Employment
- List of any relevant paid positions in the last five years
- Name of Lagos-ACC Principal Investigator (PI) that you would like to collaborate with
- CV (listing five relevant publications;)
- Research proposal (should contain)
- Title of research proposal
- Research proposal (max. 1500 words):
- Scholarly and/or applied relevance to Lagos-ACC interest (max 500):
- Work plan
- State intended research activities during the fellowship, month by month and note that Research area must be linked to one of the six Research Sections of the Cluster. Plan should state the intended outputs of collaboration, such as events, Lecture, publications, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation, (one should be from present employer)
- A statement from a Lagos-ACC PI stating his/her willingness to collaborate with you.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications must be submitted in English. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2022.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.