University of Lagos, UNILAG invites anthem submission from gifted and competent members of the University community (students and staff) and alumni.
The University of Lagos was established by an act of the Federal Parliament in April 1962. Fifty-five years after, the University continues to fulfill the vision of the founders of this great Institution.
It is common practice in institutions of higher learning to have an anthem depicting their mission and vision as well as core values. The Management of the University of Lagos hereby invites gifted and competent members of the University community (students and staff) and alumni to submit suitable lyrics – with or without music – from which the best will be selected to become a worthy anthem for the University.
The anthem should:
- Not be more than three stanzas;
- Reflect creatively the mission, vision and core values of the University;
- Depict the status of the University as “the University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride”;
- Resonate its slogan of “Great Akokites”;
- Crystallize the philosophy of the University of Lagos;
- Be free of any religious traces or overtones either in sound or meaning; and
- If by music, the rendition should be artistically appealing and backed up with appropriate rhythm and orchestration.
Submission of Entry: The entry should be sent to:
Secretary, Unilag Anthem Committee,
Registrar’s Office, 5th Floor, Senate House,
University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos.
Rewards: Winning entries will attract handsome cash rewards.
Closing Date: All entries should be received on or before Friday, April 7, 2017.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!