University of Lagos, UNILAG now provides free internet for students. 2 hours a day or 150mb-both cumulative and whichever comes first.
The Free Internet Wi-Fi would allow the students to have access to the Internet and increase knowledge within the institution, whereby elevating them to the same level with their contemporaries at other institutions of learning. With this present economy climate, students that have Internet enabled devices but can’t afford the data bundles touted by the providers making Internet access a daunting task but the fact that its free allows it to cut across all age groups within the institution.
How to Use UNILAG Free Internet
The Free Internet Wi-Fi can be accessed around Main Library of the Univeristy of Lagos. The guidelines to benefit this free service are as follows
1. Put off your mobile data
2. Connect to the SPOTQWIX Wireless Network named ‘SPOTQWIX’
3. Launch your browser. You will be redirected to a REGISTER/LOGIN Page
4. For First time Users. Register with a Valid Email Address and Phone Number.
5. A text message with a OTP [One Time Password] Would be sent via text message.
6. Revisit your browser and fill in your Phone Number and the OTP sent via text.
7. If details entered are correct, a success page would be shown.
8. Enjoy the free service- 2hours a day or 150mb-both cumulative and whichever comes first