University of Lagos (UNILAG) notice to students and lectures on virtual teaching and examination for the 2019/2020 academic session.
This is to acknowledge, with thanks all the good work done by all lecturers who are teaching on the LMS/Zoom platform. It is gratifying to note that the number of complaints has reduced drastically.
However, only a few lecturers are patronizing the LMS platform and this is not encouraging at all. To ameliorate this situation, lectures are to ensure that:
- All lectures given on the Zoom platform must be placed on the LMS platform in order to drive patronage
- All tests and assignments must be conducted on the LMS platform Zoom links for the lectures must be put on the LMS
- Zoom links for the lectures must be put on the LMS platform
- Google forms should be used to schedule tests
In addition, for Second Semester examinations
- The examination will be held physically across all levels. 100-200 level students will be the first to take their examinations for two (2) weeks
- Examination for 300 level students will be conducted one week after
- Examination for 400-500 level students will hold a week after the 300 level
- The examination for large classes with students greater than 500 students will be conducted
- Less than 500 students will be done by Computer Based Test (CBT) and through the use of OMR sheets
Kindly ensure dissemination of this information to members of staff in your Department Faculty
This is for your necessary information
Professor Oluwole B. Familoni, FAS