Osun State University, Osogbo (commonly known as UNIOSUN) has taken the initiative to unveil its detailed academic calendar for the 2023/2024 session. This well-structured schedule is an invaluable tool for students, providing insight and clarity into the academic year. Whether you’re an incoming freshman or a returning student, understanding the university’s timelines is key to successful planning.
|📅 Resumption Date||13th November 2023: Start of Harmattan Semester Lectures|
|🌲 Holiday||22nd Dec 2023-7th Jan 2024: Christmas/New Year Break|
|🎓 Matriculation||13th February 2024|
|📖 Exam Period||26th Feb-15th March 2024: Harmattan Semester Exams|
|🌦️ Rain Semester||8th April 2024: Start of Rain Semester Lectures|
|📆 Lecture-Free||1st-5th July 2024|
|🔍 GNS Exams||18th-22nd March & 22nd-26th July 2024|
|📜 Session’s End||9th August 2024: Marking & Grading, End of Academic Session|
Table of Contents[Show]
- Harmattan Semester: Key Dates
- Rain Semester: Overview of Dates
- Wrapping It Up
- In Conclusion
Harmattan Semester: Key Dates
Commencement of the Academic Session
- Monday, 13th November 2023: The academic journey for the 2023/2024 session begins with the resumption and commencement of Harmattan semester lectures for all students.
Orientation Week for Freshers
- Monday, 20th – Wednesday, 22nd November 2023: Newly admitted students will undergo an orientation programme designed to familiarise them with university life and its myriad of opportunities.
- Friday, 22nd December 2023 – Sunday, 7th January 2024: A much-needed Christmas and New Year break offers students a time to relax and rejuvenate before diving back into academic activities.
- Monday, 8th January 2024: Students are expected to return from their festive break and continue with their academic endeavours.
- Tuesday, 13th February 2024: A significant milestone for every first-year student. The matriculation ceremony represents their formal induction into the UNIOSUN community.
- Monday, 19th – Friday, 23rd February 2024: This is a dedicated week free from lectures, allowing students to prepare adequately for impending examinations.
End of Harmattan Semester Exams
- Monday, 26th February – Friday, 15th March 2024: The Harmattan semester examinations for all levels of study commence.
GNS Examinations and Semester Break
- Monday, 18th – Friday, 22nd March 2024: Students sit for the GNS examinations.
- Monday, 25th March – Friday, 5th April 2024: A brief semester break offers students a respite from the first half of the academic year.
Rain Semester: Overview of Dates
Beginning of Rain Semester
- Monday, 8th April 2024: The Rain semester lectures kick off, marking the second half of the academic session.
- Monday, 1st – Friday, 5th July 2024: Another lecture-free week ensures students have ample time for revision before exams.
Rain Semester Examinations and GNS Exams
- Monday, 8th – Friday, 19th July 2024: Rain semester examinations for all academic levels are in session.
- Monday, 22nd – Friday, 26th July 2024: Following the main exams, students then sit for the GNS examinations.
End of the Academic Year
- Monday, 29th July – Friday, 9th August 2024: This period is dedicated to the marking and grading of scripts, culminating in the official end of the 2023/2024 academic session.
Annual Leave for Academic Staff
- Monday, 12th August 2024: Academic staff embark on their well-deserved annual leave.
Wrapping It Up
The academic calendar serves as a roadmap for students, highlighting essential dates and events. Being well-acquainted with these dates can pave the way for a smooth and productive academic experience at UNIOSUN. We urge all students to make the most of this calendar, leveraging it as a tool to plan their academic year effectively.
Osun State University, Osogbo has always prioritised its students’ needs, and releasing a comprehensive academic calendar well in advance exemplifies this commitment. As the 2023/2024 academic year beckons, students are encouraged to approach it with enthusiasm, armed with the clarity that the calendar provides.
We wish every UNIOSUN student a fruitful and enlightening academic journey ahead. Stay informed, stay ahead, and make the most of the opportunities that come your way!