University of Port Harcourt, UNIORT Part-Time (Weekend) B.Sc. (Hons) Degree and Master in Finance and Banking admission application form for the 2019/2020 academic session is out – UNIPORT ACIB/B.Sc Linkage Programme.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Part -Time (Weekend) B.Sc. (Hons) Degree and Master of Finance and Banking (MFB) in the Department of Finance and Banking, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Port H arcourt for the 2019/2020 academic session.
- The ACIB/BS.c Linkage Programme leads to the award of Sc. (Hons) Degree in Finance and Banking. The curriculum is designed to update, strengthen and enhance the academic and analytical skills of t he students thereby improving their efficiency and productivity on the job.
- The Master of Finance and Banking/ACIB Linkage Propramme (MFB) on completion, a graduate will earn the Master of Finance & Banking (MFB) Degree from the University of Port Harcourt and an award of an Associateship Certificate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
(a) Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Degree in Finance and Banking
(i) Candidates must have credit passes in five subjects: (a) English Language (b) Mathematics (c) Economics (d) any other two from Government, History, Geography, Commerce, Accounting (Finance/Business), Literature-in English, Christian Religious Knowledge/Islamic Religious Knowledge, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Agricultural Science.
(ii) All candidates must have professional and/or academic certificates obtained through examinations in any one or more of the following fields:
Banking, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Marketing, Management, Accounting, Commerce, General Administration or HND or Degree in any of the functional areas in Management Sciences/Business Administration, or Degree in Economics, Education (Accounting), Education (Business Administration), and Education (Economics).
(iii) Membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria is mandatory. However, those who are not currently registered with the Institute must do so upon admission; and in any case, not later than the end of the first term of the first year.
(b) Master of Finance and Banking (MFB)
(i) O’level requirements include a credit pass in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two subjects as approved by the University of Port Harcourt.
(ii) A minimum of Second Class Honours Degree in Finance & Banking with a CGPA of not less than 3.00 on a 5-point scale, 2.50 on a 4-point scale or 50% on an average scale system.
(iii) HND in Finance & Banking or other related business areas including Marketing, Insurance, Accounting, Management/Business Administration and an additional PGD in Finance & Banking with at least a CGPA of 3.50.
(iv) Minimum of three years work experience in the Financial Services Industry
Duration of Programme
The minimum duration of the Programme s (a& b) above is two years on weekends and the courses are covered in three (3) terms per academic session.
Method of Application:
1. ACIB/B.Sc Linkage Programme
- A non refundable fee of ₦11,500.00 (eleven thousand, five hundred naira) only which includes bank charges, should be paid online through remita at the University designated banks as listed below:
- First Bank Plc,
- Fidelity Bank and
- University of Port Harcourt and Choba Microfinance Bank.
- Candidates should proceed with the payment slip from the Bank and obtain Application Form from the Office of the Finance Officer in the Faculty of Management Sciences, University Park, University of Port Harcourt.
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Co-ordinator, ACIB/B.Sc Linkage Programme, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Port Harcourt, not later than 31st January, 2020.
2. Master of Finance and Banking
Application is on-line. Log on to www.uniport.edu.ng , School of Graduate Studies and follow the instructions.
Completed Application Forms must be returned to the School of Graduate Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Deadline of return of application forms are as directed by School of Graduate Studies.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!