Ash-Grove Academy, University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) admissions into A/S and A-Level for the 2014/2015 academic session.
The curriculum content of the Academy’s A-Level programme is divided into two.
- Advanced Subsidiary Level (A/S), IGCSE Programme is designed to last for the first year and
- Cambridge Traditional Two-year Advanced Level (A-L) Programme is for the second year.
However, students will be given two optional course duration.
- Accelerated 1-year A- level Programme and
- Regular 2-year A-Level Programme
Students will be examined by us and if found capable of writing and passing the GCE A-Level examination in one academic session, the 1-year Accelerated Programme will be designed for such student. The 2-year Traditional A-Level Programme will be for students who after being examined, we cannot guarantee their success in the GCE A-Level examinations in one year duration.
A-Level students are normally expected to offer three subjects relevant to their proposed course of studies. However, some students may offer four so that they will have wider choice in University admission.
They can choose their A-Level subjects from any of the following 4 groups of subjects.
Group 1 Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Group 2 Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Applied ICT
Group 3 Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Geography
Group 4 Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Geography
· Students for Medicine, Pharmacy, Vetenary Medicine, Dentistry, Basic Medical Science and Biology Science should choose Group 1.
· Students for Engineering Course, Computer Science, Physical Science and Industrial Chemistry should choose three subjects from Group 2.
· Students for Architecture, Geology, Geography, Regional Planning, Estate Management and Surveying should choose three subjects from Group 3.
· Students for Agriculture, Agric Economics, Agronomy, Agric Extension, and Animal Production should choose three subjects from Group 4, including Chemistry.
ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE STUDENTS
Group 5 Economics, Accounting, Business Studies, Geography, and History
Group 6 Economics, French, Literature in English, Business Studies, and Sociology
- · Students for Economics, Public Administration, Banking and Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Business Administration, Marketing, Industrial Relation, Personal Management and Geography, should choose subjects from Group 5.
- · Students for International Relation, Mass Communication, Political Science, Psychology, Law, English and French, Religious Studies and any related course should choose three subjects from Group 6.
Generally, A-Level subject combination qualifies students for admission into most degree courses around the world. Students are to call the Academy for more information on relevant subjects for their proposed course if not listed.
Ash-Grove Academy assures our students of first rate academic guidance and coaching.
Mobile Phone No: 09036992079
E-mail : email@example.com