University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Claude Ake School of Government, Executive Master in Public Administration (MPA) admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session is now on sale.
The Claude Ake School of Government is established by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt. It aims to be a centre of excellence both in the training and retraining of manpower for the public service, in promoting research and scholarship that will contribute positively in improving the quality of governance in the society as well as in raising public consciousness that will press public institution to be more responsive and accountable.
The school is now receiving application for the Executive Master in Public ADMINISTRATION Executive (MPA) degree programme. The Executive MPA provides an advanced and specialized course in public Administration and Management. It is aimed at improving administration and analytical skills of mind career officers in the private and public sectors, who have had several years of practical experience, so that they easily reach the higher levels in administration and management.
The programme has been designed as an executive, hands -on and problem-solving.
It will emphasize case studies and deal with the daily challenges that administrators face at work. On completion of the executive MPA degree programme participants would have.
- Acquired the analytical skills to qualify for promotion into the highest echelons of administration in both the public and private sector.
- Gained the skills and orientation required of policy advisers and planners.
- Acquired critical knowledge of the politics and economy of the country.
- Vastly improved their writing and presentation skills.
UNIPORT Executive MPA Admission Requirements & Programme Duration.
- Any applicant for admission to the Executive MPA degree course shall be any graduate of a university approved by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt.
- The applicant’s first degree shall be at least a Second Class Honours Lower Division, with a CGPA of not less that 3.0 on a scale of 5, or 5.0 on a scale of 7. However, candidates with third class or pass degree classifications, or those degree are not normally classified, may be considered, provided such candidates have been in relevant employment for not less five (5) years for those with third class or seven (7) years for those with pass degree, from thedate of then- graduation.
The duration of the Executive M. P. A. programme is twelve (12) calendar months, consisting of two semesters and field research/report writing and presentation period.
How to Apply for UNIPORT Executive MPA Admission.
- Payment of application fee of 35,000(Thirty Five Thousand Naira Only) at First Bank Pic. Account Name: Claude Ake School of Government Account Number: 2031584609
- Pick up the Application Forms with Evidence of payment from the Administration Officer/secretary CASG, 14 William Jumbo St, Old GRA PHC.
- Return completed application form with credentials to same address
- Oral interview holds on a date to be communicated to applicants
SPONSORSHIP: Candidates are encouraged to seek sponsorship from employers Corporate bodies.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!