University of Port-Harcourt, UNIPORT Institute for Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management graduate admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Graduate Programmes of the School of Graduate Studies, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria:
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering Management
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Engineering (M.Eng) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Technology Management
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) and Master of Engineering (M.Eng) in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Management.
The above Graduate Programmes are run by the Institute for Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management (METI) of the University of Port Harcourt through a co-operative arrangement with the Graduate School of Technology Management of the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
These are professional programmes which aim to provide Science-, Engineering- and Technology-oriented graduates with sound and sustainable management principles to engender appropriate behavioural preferences that will promote successful scientific, engineering and Technology-related ventures. The curricula for the programmes emphasise the significance of Networking of Systems of Innovation. Learning will be facilitated by lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt, University of Pretoria, as well as experts drawn from the industry and the public service both within Nigeria and other countries of the world. Each domain programme consists of six common and two elective courses, plus a substantive research project. Each module is delivered in a block-release mode, moderated by international external examiners.
On completion of a programme of study, each graduate should, among other skills, be able to:
- Conduct due diligence, risk and techno-economic evaluation and valuation of Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) situations.
- Supervise and manage multidisciplinary Science, Engineering and Technology projects.
- Adopt innovative approaches towards sustainable management of Science, Engineering and Technology facilities.
General Admission Requirements:
Candidates for admission must possess Ordinary Level Credit Passes in Five subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry; and any one of: Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Biology and Agricultural Science.
Requirements for Masters (M.Sc./M.Eng) Programme
Candidates for admission into any of the Master’s Degree Programmes must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with a Second Class Honours, Upper Division (21) in Engineering or Technology. Consideration may be given to sponsored employees who possess Second Class Honours, Lower Division with CGPA well above 3.00 on a 5-point scale and a minimum of 5 years working experience in a supervisory position.
Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Candidates for admission into any of the PhD Degree Programmes must possess the Master’s Degree in the relevant area from the University of Port Harcourt or any other recognised University, with an average Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 4.00 on a 5-point scale or 3.20 on a 4-point scale (corresponding to an average score of a B Grade). In addition, the candidates must score at least 60% in the PhD admission interview and should possess a minimum of 5 years working experience in supervisory positions in the private or public sector.
Duration of Programme:
M.Sc. and M.Eng programmes may be completed in a minimum of 24 months.
The PhD programme, on the other hand, may be completed in not less than 36 months.
Award of Degrees:
Depending on entry qualifications and programme of study, a successful candidate shall receive the M.Sc. or M.Eng or PhD awarded by the University of Port Harcourt.
Method of Application:
Information for Applicants and Application Form may be downloaded from www.uniport.edu.ng and may also be obtained from METI Office, Room 321 (2nd Floor), ETF Building, University Park, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt.
A non-refundable application fee of
N20,000.00 (twenty thousand naira) in certified bank draft or by electronic transfer should be made payable to Institute of Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management, University of Port Harcourt.
- Completed Application Forms with Bank Drafts or evidence of e-transfer must be returned to METI Office, ETF Building, University Park, University of Port Harcourt.
- Deadline for submission of Application Form is Friday, 12th April, 2019.
- For enquires, please contact +2348036773267, +2348134967535, +2348033086296 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!