University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is now selling application forms for admission into its M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development Programme for the 2021/2022 academic session.
- UNIPORT Centre for Gas, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals Admission Form
- UNIPORT Business School Admission Form
- World Bank ACE-CEFOR UNIPORT 2021/2022 Ph.D Programme In Petroleum Studies And Related Disciplines Admission Form | Fully Sponsored by World Bank
- Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt (OTI-UNIPORT) Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 Academic Session
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE) Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from the Sub-Sahara region of Africa for admission into the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Institute of Petroleum Studies, M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development Programme admission.
INTRODUCTION: The Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) was established in 2003, as a bold effort to bridge the skills gap between theory of the classroom and practical needs of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. The M.Sc., Petroleum Engineering and Project Development, Programme is an International Collaborative Graduate Programme between IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, run in IPS and sponsored by NNPC and TOTAL E & P Nigeria Limited Joint Venture. The Institute offers a conducive learning environment, full Internet access, virtual library and hands-on training with each student using a computer. Students use industry software, field case studies and undertake numerous field/laboratory visits. Students are encouraged to live and work together in our hostel, develop team spirit. The aim of this professional Master’s Degree Programme is to provide graduates with broad-based training required for onshore/ offshore oil and gas field development. The students will be taught jointly by lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UniPort); Nigeria, IFP School, France; and experts from the Nigerian petroleum industry and the Diaspora. IPS graduates have more than 95% chance of employment and internship in the oil and gas industry on graduation.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: The duration of the programme shall be twelve (12) calendar months of intensive full time study. The Programme has no provision for break into sections/segment.
AWARD OF DEGREE: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree jointly awarded by IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering. Consideration may be given to sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant Upstream Petroleum experience with Second Class Honours Lower Division, but with CGPA greater than 3.00 on a scale of 5.00. Limited spaces are available for holders of IPS Postgraduate Diploma, who meet admission and screening requirements.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: The application is strictly online at https://ipsng.org/#paypoint
A non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20, 000) will be required to be paid online to start the application procedure.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER: (Any change will be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed hard or e-copy Application Forms with credentials, must be returned to The Admissions Officer, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, East-West Road, PMB 2, UniPort Post Office, Choba, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, West Africa on or before Friday 24th June 2022.
- Aptitude Test — Thursday 7th July 2022.
- Oral Interview Date in July 2022 to be determined.
- Academic activities for the session will start on November 14th, 2022.
- Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on the IPS Website. www.ipsng.org. They shall look for sponsorship as soon as they are admitted.
For enquires please call +234 9090624900 or email the Admissions Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org