University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is now selling application forms for admission into its M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development Programme for the the 2020/2021 academic session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from the Sub-Sahara region of Africa for admission into the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Institute of Petroleum Studies, M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development Programme admission.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
INTRODUCTION: The Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) was established in 2003, as a bold effort to bridge the skills gap between theory of the classroom and practical needs of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. The M.Sc., Petroleum Engineering and Project Development, Programme is an International Collaborative Graduate Programme between IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, run in IPS and sponsored by NNPC and TOTAL E & P Nigeria Limited Joint Venture. The Institute offers a conducive learning environment, full Internet access, virtual library and hands-on training with each student using a computer. Students use industry software, field case studies and undertake numerous field/laboratory visits. Students are encouraged to live and work together in our hostel, develop team spirit. The aim of this professional Master’s Degree Programme is to provide graduates with broad-based training required for onshore/ offshore oil and gas field development. The students will be taught jointly by lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UniPort); Nigeria, IFP School, France; and experts from the Nigerian petroleum industry and the Diaspora. IPS graduates have more than 95% chance of employment and internship in the oil and gas industry on graduation.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: The duration of the programme shall be twelve (12) calendar months of intensive full time study. The Programme has no provision for break into sections/segment.
AWARD OF DEGREE: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree jointly awarded by IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering. Consideration may be given to sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant Upstream Petroleum experience with Second Class Honours Lower Division, but with CGPA greater than 3.00 on a scale of 5.00. Limited spaces are available for holders of IPS Postgraduate Diploma, who meet admission and screening requirements.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Application is strictly online at www.ipsng.org/apply. A non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20, 000) will be required to be paid on line to start the application procedure.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER: (Any change will be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed hard ore-copy Application Forms with credentials, must be returned to The Admissions Officer, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, East West Road, PMB 2, UniPort Post Office, Choba, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, West Africa on or before Friday, 12th June, 2020.
- Aptitude Test – Wednesday, 24th June, 2020.
- Oral Interview Date in July, 2020 to be determined.
- Academic activities for the session will start on November 6, 2020
- Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on the IPS Website www.ipsng.org. They shall look for sponsorship as soon as they are admitted.
For enquires please call +234 9090624900 or email the Admissions Officer: email@example.com
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!