Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT), Centre for Children with Developmental and Communication Disorder (CCDCD), Post-Graduate Diploma Programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
- University of Port Harcourt Entrepreneurship Centre (UPEC) Admission Form
- UNIPORT Institute of International Trade and Development (IITD) Admission Form
- UNIPORT Centre for Petroleum Geoscience (CPG) Admission Form
- UNIPORT Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE) Admission Form
- UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Admission Form
The programme is aimed at availing graduates the opportunity to develop a strong interdisciplinary foundation in social, legal and political concept of disability and communication disorders. It is also a vital tool in providing services in learning opportunities for agencies, service providers, Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations. The programme is aimed at maximizing the potential abilities in special education and to build up the manpower capacity in training personnel with basic academic requirements in Education in Nigeria and beyond.
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Disability Studies
- Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Communication Therapy
- Master of Science (M.Sc) Degree in Human Communication Therapy
- Master of Science (M.Sc) Degree in Disability Studies and Management
- Master of Science (M.Sc) Degree in Special Needs Education
(i) Post Graduate Diploma (PGD)
- Admission into PGD is open to first Degree holder in any discipline from the University of Port Harcourt or any approved institution recognised by the University.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent with at least an Upper Credit in a related discipline from any institution recognised by the University of Port Harcourt.
(ii) MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc)
- First Degree holders in related discipline with a minimum of 3.00 CGPA on a 5 point scale.
- Postgraduate Diploma in CCDCD from the University of Port Harcourt or any other recognized institution with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale.
Mode of Study & Programme Duration:
The duration of the PGD and M.Sc. programmes is for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months for Full time students; a minimum of 24 calendar months and a maximum of 36 calendar months for Part-time students.
Award of Degree:
Successful students at the end of the programme shall be awarded a Post-Graduate Diploma in their respective area of specialization.
How to Apply for UNIPORT Post-Graduate Diploma in CCDCD Admission
Application Forms can be obtained from the Centre’s Office (International Students’ Building, University Park, University of Port Harcourt) on presentation of a non-refundable application fee of
N20,000 (twenty thousand naira) only, in certified bank draft payable to the Centre for Children with Developmental and Communication Disorder (CCDCD).
Payment can also be made directly into the Centre’s Account Number (5210031375), Fidelity Bank Nigeria Plc, UniPort Branch or U&C Microfinance Bank, UniPort Branch with Account Number (0152831058), University of Port Harcourt, Choba, Rivers State.
Completed application forms with Academic Transcript. Three reference letters and other relevant documents are to be returned to the office of the Director, CCDCD.
The Director, Centre for Children Developmental and Communication Disorders (CCDCD) Centre’s Office International Student’s Centre, University of Port Harcourt. E-Mail: email@example.com: Tel: +234 (0) 08033504741