The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is inviting interested and qualified candidates to her 2013/2014 academic session pre-degree programmes.
Full guidelines available below.
AREA OF STUDY:
- College of Engineering:
Departments: Chemical, Electrical/Electronic, Gas, Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil and Environmental Engineering.
2. College of Health Sciences:
Departments: Medicine & Surgery, Anatomy, Nursing and Dentistry
3. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
4. College of Natural & Applied Sciences:
Departments: Animal & Environmental Biology (AEB), Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, Computer Science, Maths/Computer/Pure Maths, Maths/ Statistics, Physics, Statistics, Plant Science & Biotechnology (PSB), Pure & Industrial Chemistry (PIC)
5. Faculty of Agriculture:
Departments: Agricultural Economics & Extension, Animal Science & Fisheries, Crop & Soil Science, Forestry & Wildlife Management.
6. Faculty of Social Sciences:
Department of Geography and Environmental Management
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (FACULTY OF EDUCATION)
AREA OF STUDY:
1. TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMMES:
i. Department of Educational Management:
Education Social Sciences: (For candidates offering Economics, Accounting, Political Science and Geography Education)
ii. Department of Educational Foundations:
Education Arts – (For candidates offering English, Religious & Cultural Studies, History & Diplomatic Studies, Theatre Arts, Fine Arts & Design and French Education).
iii. Department of Curriculum Studies & Educational Technology:
Education Science – (For candidates offering Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & Computer Science Education).
2. PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION PROGRAMMES
- Department of Adult & Non-Formal Education
- Department of Educational Psychology, Guidance & Counselling
- Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
AREA OF STUDY:
- Department of Fine Arts & Design
- Department of Foreign Languages (For candidates offering French).
- Department of Linguistics & Communication Studies (For candidates offering Communication Studies).
- Department of Religious & Cultural Studies.
- Department of Theatre Arts.
- Department of Music.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application for the various Programmes is online. Log on to www.uniport.edu.ng and click on application procedure in School of Basic Studies or Institute of Education or Faculty of Humanities; then follow the instructions.
- Application Forms can be obtained online on payment of non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) excluding bank charges at designated Banks nationwide.
- The names on candidates O’level certificates and UTME Results must be the same as what is filled online.
- *Application for Basic Studies Programmes will close on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2013. WHILE THE COMPUTER-BASED SCREENING TEST IS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2013.
- *Application online for the remaining programmes( in Education and Humanities) will close on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013.
SCHEDULE OF SCREENING EXERCISE
The Screening Test will be Computer-Based (CBT) and the Venue shall be ICTC, Building University Park, Uniport.
i. Applicants for School of Basic Studies
Date: Monday, November 25, 2013, Time: 9.00am
ii. Applicants for Institute of Education (Faculty of Education)
Date: *Tuesday, December 17, 2013. Time: 9. 00am
iii. Applicants for Faculty of Humanities
Date: *Thursday, December 19, 2013. Time: 9. 00am
The Pre-degree Programmes are open to all applicants with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two sittings in English language and other relevant subjects (in GCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB & TC II).
NOTE WELL: All candidates wishing to transit to the Degree Programme, in addition to the required 5 credits, must
i Pass the prescribed pre-degree examinations
ii. Have the appropriate Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subject combination and
ii. Must have the National Minimum Score in the 2014/2015 UTME
Materials Needed for the Screening Exercise
Candidates are required to come with the following and be at the Venue by 8.00am
- A clear copy of photocard printed online
- Biro, HB Pencil, eraser
- Non-Programmable Calculator
For further information contact:
School of Basic Studies:
Phone: 0803 428 8672, 084 766 367 (calls within working hours)
Email: [email protected]
For technical support contact: [email protected]
Faculty of Humanities:
Phone: 08134474272 (calls within working hours)
Institute of Education, Faculty of Education:
Phone: 08033387462 (calls within working hours,8 to 4 pm)
Mrs. Matilda Nnodim