The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is inviting interested and qualified candidates to her 2013/2014 academic session pre-degree programmes.
Full guidelines available below.
AREA OF STUDY:
- College of Engineering:
Departments: Chemical, Electrical/Electronic, Gas, Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil and Environmental Engineering.
2. College of Health Sciences:
Departments: Medicine & Surgery, Anatomy, Nursing and Dentistry
3. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
4. College of Natural & Applied Sciences:
Departments: Animal & Environmental Biology (AEB), Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, Computer Science, Maths/Computer/Pure Maths, Maths/ Statistics, Physics, Statistics, Plant Science & Biotechnology (PSB), Pure & Industrial Chemistry (PIC)
5. Faculty of Agriculture:
Departments: Agricultural Economics & Extension, Animal Science & Fisheries, Crop & Soil Science, Forestry & Wildlife Management.
6. Faculty of Social Sciences:
Department of Geography and Environmental Management
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (FACULTY OF EDUCATION)
AREA OF STUDY:
1. TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMMES:
i. Department of Educational Management:
Education Social Sciences: (For candidates offering Economics, Accounting, Political Science and Geography Education)
ii. Department of Educational Foundations:
Education Arts – (For candidates offering English, Religious & Cultural Studies, History & Diplomatic Studies, Theatre Arts, Fine Arts & Design and French Education).
iii. Department of Curriculum Studies & Educational Technology:
Education Science – (For candidates offering Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & Computer Science Education).
2. PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION PROGRAMMES
- Department of Adult & Non-Formal Education
- Department of Educational Psychology, Guidance & Counselling
- Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
AREA OF STUDY:
- Department of Fine Arts & Design
- Department of Foreign Languages (For candidates offering French).
- Department of Linguistics & Communication Studies (For candidates offering Communication Studies).
- Department of Religious & Cultural Studies.
- Department of Theatre Arts.
- Department of Music.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application for the various Programmes is online. Log on to www.uniport.edu.ng and click on application procedure in School of Basic Studies or Institute of Education or Faculty of Humanities; then follow the instructions.
- Application Forms can be obtained online on payment of non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) excluding bank charges at designated Banks nationwide.
- The names on candidates O’level certificates and UTME Results must be the same as what is filled online.
- *Application for Basic Studies Programmes will close on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2013. WHILE THE COMPUTER-BASED SCREENING TEST IS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2013.
- *Application online for the remaining programmes( in Education and Humanities) will close on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013.
SCHEDULE OF SCREENING EXERCISE
The Screening Test will be Computer-Based (CBT) and the Venue shall be ICTC, Building University Park, Uniport.
i. Applicants for School of Basic Studies
Date: Monday, November 25, 2013, Time: 9.00am
ii. Applicants for Institute of Education (Faculty of Education)
Date: *Tuesday, December 17, 2013. Time: 9. 00am
iii. Applicants for Faculty of Humanities
Date: *Thursday, December 19, 2013. Time: 9. 00am
The Pre-degree Programmes are open to all applicants with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two sittings in English language and other relevant subjects (in GCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB & TC II).
NOTE WELL: All candidates wishing to transit to the Degree Programme, in addition to the required 5 credits, must
i Pass the prescribed pre-degree examinations
ii. Have the appropriate Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subject combination and
ii. Must have the National Minimum Score in the 2014/2015 UTME
Materials Needed for the Screening Exercise
Candidates are required to come with the following and be at the Venue by 8.00am
- A clear copy of photocard printed online
- Biro, HB Pencil, eraser
- Non-Programmable Calculator
For further information contact:
School of Basic Studies:
Phone: 0803 428 8672, 084 766 367 (calls within working hours)
For technical support contact: email@example.com
Faculty of Humanities:
Phone: 08134474272 (calls within working hours)
Institute of Education, Faculty of Education:
Phone: 08033387462 (calls within working hours,8 to 4 pm)
Mrs. Matilda Nnodim
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!