The University of Uyo is currently inviting applications from qualified candidates for admission into its Pre-Degree programme in various faculties for the 2023/2024 academic year. This post provides all the necessary information for prospective candidates, including admission requirements, method of application, major course requirements, and important dates.
Recommended: UNIUYO JUPEB/IJMB Admission Form.
UNIUYO Available Pre-Degree Programmes
The University of Uyo offers Pre-Degree programmes in the following faculties:
A. Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
- Home Economics
- Soil Science & Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Education
- Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Early Childhood and Special Education
- Pre-Primary/Primary Education (science components only)
- Physical and Health Education
- Health Education
- Physical Education
C. Faculty of Science
- Animal Science and Environmental Biology
- Botany and Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
D. Faculty of Vocational Education, Library and Information Science
- Agricultural Science Education
- Business Education
- Computer and Robotics
- Home Economics Education
- Industrial Technology Education
- Library and Information Science
UNIUYO Pre-Degree Entry Qualifications
- Admission into the Pre-Degree programme is through a Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Candidates must have credit passes in at least five (5) ‘O’ Level subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Agricultural Science is accepted in place of Biology for Agricultural Education and Agriculture applicants only), obtained in no more than two sittings in SSCE (WAEC/NECO), GCE, or NABTEB.
- Applicants for programs in the Faculty of Agriculture should have a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes in NECO, WAEC/GCE, including Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language, and one of Economics, Geography, or Physics. A pass in Physics is acceptable.
- Agricultural Education candidates must have five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Mathematics, and one other subject.
- Home Economics Education applicants should have five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and one other subject.
NOTE: JAMB Score is not necessary for admission into this programme.
MAJOR COURSE REQUIREMENT
All successful candidates will be required to register for and take the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into programmes of their choices from the list provided in A to C above.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Pre-Degree Admission Form
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable fee of N10,500.00 (ten thousand five hundred naira) only via the Remita Payment Platform.
Online Registration and Payment Instructions:
- Visit http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng or www.uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Pre-Degree Link and click on Create Account Link
- Enter your details and click on the Create Account Button
- Click on Make Payment
- Choose Bank Option or Card Option
- Click on Generate e-Invoice (Bank Option) or Online Payment (Card Option)
- Click on Print e-Invoice (To generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number for payment at any Bank Branch)
- For card option, select the payment type and click pay. Enter your card details on the displayed payment platform and click the “Pay” button
- After payment at the bank or via card, return to the portal and click on Login Form Link. Enter your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number generated to complete your registration
- The same passport photograph used for online registration will be used during the Screening Exercise and subsequent registration after the offer of admission.
- No complaints regarding incorrect Bio-Data or blank photographs will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates uploading incorrect bio-data will be automatically disqualified. i
- The same procedure applies for payment of all fees after admission.
- Registration closing date: Friday, August 18, 2023
- Online screening exercise date: Friday, August 25, 2023
Please note that the same passport photograph used for online registration will be required during the Screening Exercise and registration after the offer of provisional admission. Candidates are advised to check the University website for updates and additional information.
The University of Uyo’s Pre-Degree programme offers prospective students an opportunity to gain admission into various faculties and departments. Interested candidates should ensure they meet the admission requirements and complete the application process by the specified deadlines. Good luck to all prospective students!