University of Uyo (UNIUYO) is now selling forms for admission into its pre-degree programme for the 2019/2020 academic session. Below are the UNIUYO pre-degree form method of application, available programmes and required qualifications.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a one-year Pre-Degree Programme in the under listed Faculties in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Recommended: UNIUYO JUPEB Basic Studies Admission Form.
UNIUYO Available Pre-Degree Programmes.
The available programmes are:
A. Faculty of Agriculture
Agricultural Economics & Extension
Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
Food Science and Technology
Home Economics. Nutrition and Dietetics
Soil Science & Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Science
Animal Science and Environmental Biology
Botany and Ecological Studies
Faculty of Education
Computer Science Education
Home Economics Education
Integrated Science Education
Library and Information Science (Science component only)
Pre-Primary/Primary Education (Science component only)
UNIUYO Pre-Degree Entry Qualifications.
- Candidates must possess credit pass in at least five (5) “O” level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Agricultural Science is accepted in place of Biology for Agricultural Science Education and Agriculture candidates only), at not more than two sittings in the SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
- Candidates seeking admission into programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture should possess at least five (5) “O” Level Credit passes in NECO, WASC/GCE including Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language and any one of Economics, Geography or Physics. At least a Pass in Physics is acceptable.
- Candidates for admission into Agricultural Science Education must possess five (5) “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Mathematics and any other subject.
- Candidates for admission into Home Economics Education should possess five “O” Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and any other subject.
NOTE: JAMB score is not required for admission into this programme.
MAJOR COURSE REQUIREMENT
All successful candidates will be required to register for and take the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into programmes of their choices from the list provided in A to C above.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Pre-Degree Admission.
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable deposit in the sum of N10,500.00 (ten thousand five hundred naira) only via Remita Payment Platform
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
- Visit https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals/or uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Admission Forms Link
- Select e-Form(s) Option
- Select Pre-Degree as the Admission Form Type
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
- Payment can be make online or Bank branch
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link to complete your registration.
- The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the screening exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
Candidates are required to come for the screening exercise with the following items:
- One (1) copy of the University of Uyo 2018 ONLINE registration form dully completed with the passport-size photograph printed in colour.
Note: Only colour printout will be accepted.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs on red background (same photograph as the one used for the online registration) with the name and signature of the candidate on the reverse side of the photographs. These should be packaged in a quarto-size envelope and labeled with the candidate’s name and department.
- HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
No GSM handsets;, calculators, four-figure tables or any other extraneous materials should be brought into the screening halls.
Closing Date for registration: Sunday, June 30, 2019.
Date for screening exercise: Monday, July 1 to Friday, July 5, 2019.
Venue for the screening exercise: PTDF ICT Center, Town Campus Annex, Uyo.
See also: UNIUYO Pre-Degree School Fees.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!