The successful candidate is to assume duty on 1st April, 2015.
The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and Head of the University Library responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and co-ordination of Library services in the University.
A good Honours degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MLS/MLIS and PhD in Library Science or Library and Information Science and must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an academic or research Library, five (5) of which must have been spent as Deputy Librarian. He or She must be computer literate and must have evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals and other verifiable outlets.
The successful candidate shall be appointed for a single term of 5 years.
REMUNERATION AND CONDITIONS FOR SERVICE
The person appointed shall be placed on the University Academic Staff Salary CONUASS 7 and shall enjoy other conditions of service applicable to the position of a Principal Officer of the University.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit 25 copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials. Detailed curriculum Vitae should include:
- Full Names (Surname first)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates
- List of Scholarly Publications
- Statement of Experience including full details of Former and Present employment indicating current salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees who are competent to attest to their academic/professional and personal abilities.
Candidates should request their Referees to forward their reports directly to the University.
Applications and Referees’ Reports should be forwarded to:
Adekunle Ajasin University,
Applications with supporting documents should be addressed to reach The Registrar, Adekunle Ajasin University, P.M.B. 001, Akungba-Akoko not later than four (4) weeks from the date of this publication.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be acknowledged.
Registrar & Secretary to Council.