World Health Organization (WHO) Job Vacancy for Finance Assistant in Bauchi …
World Health Organization (WHO), authority for health within the United Nations system, is recruiting for Finance Assistant. The position role includes, but is not limited to, preparing payment schedules/bank instructions. The ideal candidate should possess Secondary education, training in Business/Accounting or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Job Title: Finance Assistant.
Job Location: Bauchi
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to (a) the reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and (b) the strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description of Duties
- The specific functions of the incumbent are:Assist the Admin Assistant to administer the E-Imprest and in the maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances statement and confirming adequacy of support documents as well as in rendering of monthly Imprest reports.
- Assist in preparing payment schedules/bank instructions including upload into electronic payment platforms.
- Assists with maintenance of petty cash account and replenishment of same. Assist with disbursement of SIAs funds including payment site monitoring and report.
- Assist in transport planning including monitoring of usage of hired vehicles, fueling of vehicle fleets and generator maintenance.
- Collects and deliver mails, pouches and other communication from and to courier companies, government agencies and other institution; maintains a mail movement register.
- Replace and assist other Admin Assistants within the Zone to perform other related financial and administrative duties;Performs any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time by the ZC, SC or AA.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary education, training in in Business/Accounting or technical courses in a field related to the work performed,
- Desirable: Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, social sciences or other related field is an asset.
- Essential: At least 5 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the posts and its grade in an international, public or private organization of repute
- Desirable: Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral International Organizations in the country is an advantage.
- Training in accounting/bookkeeping or equivalent work-related experience, including proven skills on standard office software. Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Training in Oracle or other ERP system.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 6,613,613 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Apply Before: 10th May, 2018.
How to Apply: Qualified? Follow the link below to apply
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!