Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is now accepting applications from students, male or female, from countries in the developing world for its 2020 Scholars Program/ The deadline for submission of applications for the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program is March 1, 2019.
Each year WMI provides support to students as they pursue various educational objectives. Support is provided for post-secondary school (university, polytechnic, trade school). Financial support is primarily to cover tuition and school fees and directly related expenses including books and supplies.
Wells Mountain Initiative works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships and skills training, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
- Maintain good grades in all university studies
- Be an ambassador for community service and engagement
- Perform, record and document 100 hours of community service activities throughout the year
- Complete the Academic Semester Report & Community Service Report for WMI Scholars
- Send official semester transcripts twice a year
- Communicate with the Student Scholar Coordinator openly regarding your situation as a student
Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program Eligibility.
The Ideal Candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2020
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program Benefits.
They award 50-60 scholarships per year. The maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD per year. The scholarship supports:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials
- Other related costs
How to Apply for Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program.
The following are suggestions to enhance your application:
- Record all of your service activities (dates, activities, time spent, photographs, etc.)
- Collect your secondary school transcript, national exam results and grading keys to interpret your results
- Request two letters of recommendation on official stationery from two people who know you professionally/personally and can showcase the reasons you deserve this scholarship
- Have all of your documents translated into English
Before applying, you are strongly encouraged to read the WMI Scholar Program Information Sheet and also the Frequently Asked Questions for Prospective Scholars document. These two documents will assist you in determining your eligibility and guide you in the application process.
The following are required elements for an application to be considered complete:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2020 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
Apply Here Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.